We released a new version of talech Register which includes improvements to the Ingenico iCMP payment reader for a more stable & reliable payment experience. It's recommend you upgrade to this latest version.
General iCMP Troubleshooting: We have created this guide to help you troubleshoot some common issues. To get started, please select one of the topics below.
Note: If you’re still experiencing issues after walking through these steps, feel free to Contact Us and we'll continue to troubleshoot with you.
- Is Bluetooth enabled in iOS > Settings > Bluetooth?
- Does the device appear under 'My Devices' as Ingenico-######?
- If the device appears under 'My Devices' does tapping on it reconnect the reader?
- If the above step fails, reboot the iCMP by holding # and < (yellow) buttons.
- Does the reader reconnect after rebooting?
- If step 2 does not reconnect the device, forget the device from iOS. Tap the (i) icon, then 'Forget this device'.
- Attempt to pair the device.
- If iOS continuously pops the PIN entry screen repeatedly and will not stop, hard reboot the iPad by holding the power button for 20 seconds (ignore the slide to power off message).
- If tapping F to initiate pairing causes the reader to reboot, see 'Unpairing from all paired devices' above.
- If pairing continues to fail with error message, escalate to Tier 2 to confirm hardware replacement is required.
- If the screen says 'Welcome', tap the F button 4 times to initiate pairing.
- Choose 'Begin' if shown (F1)
- Choose 'iOS' if prompted between 'iOS' or 'Standard'
- Find the iPad's name in the list of detected devices (F2/F3 keys to scroll), green to select
- Enter the PIN shown into the window which pops up on the iPad
- If the reader is reconnected successfully, check the card reader settings in talech
- Navigate to Back Office > Settings > General > Card Reader > ingenico iCMP ...
- Check the SLEEP and POWER OFF timeout settings. If both are not 0, suggest setting to 0 to prevent sleeping or powering off of the reader. Advise customer to keep reader plugged into charger all day.
- The reader is faulty and requires replacement if:
- The reader halts during bootup on any screen other than 'Welcome' such as TSA, TDA, Copyright, :) or :( and so on.
- The power button has fallen off
- The power cord will not stay seated inside the charge port
- The device will not power on at all
- Device powers off after less than 10 minutes and won't power on again*
* If the device powers on again, check the sleep and power off timeout settings under Back Office > Settings > General > Card Reader > ingenico iCMP ...
If this is a brand new reader and has not been charged for at least 3 hours, advise the customer to charge device before proceeding.
- If the reader says 'Welcome' attempt to start pairing process by tapping 'F' four times. If tapping F reboots the reader, unpair all devices and try again. See 'Unpairing from all paired devices' above.
- If the reader says 'Lane Closed' try switching from iCMP EMV-Enabled to iCMP Non-EMV if the reader is still paired.
- If the reader says 'Lane Closed' and is not paired or responsive, attempt rebooting and pairing of the device.
- If the talech app is lower than 4.1.7
- Forget the device from iOS > Settings > Bluetooth > Ingenico-###### ( i ) > Forget this device
- Unpair all devices from the reader. See 'Unpairing from all paired devices' above.
- Install the latest talech app (Enterprise or AppStore)
- Re-pair the device as usual and attempt a test transaction to verify functionality
- If the talech app is already 4.1.7 or newer
- Escalate to Tier 2
- If the iPad is continuously popping the PIN entry screen, hard reboot the iPad (hold the power button for 20 seconds, ignore the 'Swipe to power off' message).
- Reboot the iCMP and remove all paired devices. See 'Unpairing from all paired devices' above.
- If the device appears as 'Cordless phone' in iOS it may have been paired to another device previously. Ensure the device is no longer paired to any other iPads or other devices.
The reader may not appear in in iOS' Devices list as a result of the communication mode being incorrect or disabled on the reader. Verify the readers Bluetooth radio is enabled:
- Restart the card reader and go into the function menu by entering 2634 + Green button while at the copyright screen. The reader should say 'Press F For Menu'. Press the F button.
- Navigate to 'TDA' > 'Configuration' > 'Communication' > 'Comm Type'.
- There are quite a few choices here, the correct setting is 'Bluetooth.' To ensure the setting is saved, switch the 'Comm Type' to 'Serial' and press the green button. Then, immediately switch it back to 'Bluetooth.' Do not reboot the reader unless the Comm Type is Bluetooth.
- After ensuring the Comm Type is 'Bluetooth', press the Yellow button slowly until you see 'Save and Reboot.' Select 'yes' and let the reader reboot itself.
- Attempt to pair the reader
For U.S. Elavon customers, readers can be swapped by Elavon. For Elavon customers, talech Support must request the exchange with Elavon on your behalf.Note: Global Pay customers do not have a swap option at this time and must purchase a new reader
- Reboot the reader by holding the # and Yellow buttons.
- During boot-up, at the Copyright screen, enter 2 6 3 4, Green button
- The reader will show 'Press F for menu'. If the reader boots through to 'Welcome' screen, the user did not enter the code fast enough
- From the menu, navigate to 'TDA' > 'Configuration' > 'Communication'
- Select 'Comm. Type' and set to 'Bluetooth'
- Back out of the menu by pressing the Yellow button until prompted to 'Save and Reboot'. Select '1 - Yes'.
Upon rebooting after the steps above:
- Enter 2 6 3 4, Green button at the Copyright screen as above
- Tap F when prompted to 'Press F for menu'.
- From the menu, navigate to 'TDA' > 'Configuration' > 'Communication'
- From the 'Communication' menu navigate to 'BT Pairing' > 'Mode' > 'Select iOS'
- Back at the 'BT Settings' menu, select 'Paired Devices'
- Select each device in the list and tap the green button to remove
- Once all device are removed, tap the Yellow button until the reader says 'Save and Reboot', choose yes, then attempt to pair the device again.
Removing Paired Devices from the Reader:
- Make sure that you have already forgotten the device from the iPad
- Restart the card reader and go into the function menu by entering 2634 + Green button while at the copyright screen.
- Select 'BT Pairing' > 'Remove Paired Devices'
- If there are no paired devices it will read "No Paired Devices" and it will take you back to the previous menu.
- If there is a device, it will show as the devices name. Press the Green button to remove. (Once all devices are removed, re-enter "Remove Pair Devices" again to confirm the list is empty.
There is a setting for the iCMP reader called 'Wake on Bluetooth'. When the setting is off, the reader will ignore the wakeup message from the iPad when the talech app enters the pay screen. Please use the following steps to verify that the setting is enabled:
- Restart the card reader by holding down the power button on the right side of the reader.
- During the restart process, a screen will popup with the word Copyright. Quickly enter the code 2634, hit the green button and hit the F button.
- Use the F2 key and scroll down to BT Pairing. Hit the green button.
- Use the F2 key and scroll down to Wake on BT. Hit the green button.
- Use the F2 key and scroll down to Both(On). Hit the green button.
- Restart the reader by holding down the power button on the right side of the reader.