This guide assumes a basic working knowledge of consumer-grade hardware use. Follow the relevant sections below on How to get started with talech.
Table of Contents:
- Perform a basic survey of your Store
- Book a Training
- Build your product list
- Setup your iPad(s)
Perform a basic survey of your store
- Verify the internet connection meets talech's system requirements
- Ensure the location of all equipment is in a clean, flat space where it can be safely used and will not be subject to excessive heat, moisture, electrical interference, etc.
- Check adequate electrical and network connections at any location where an Ethernet printer or card reader will be connected
- Check adequate electrical where any iPads will be installed permanently
Book a Training
- We recommend booking the training as soon as possible for a date no less than 1 week prior to your planned go-live date with the new system to allow you and your staff time to test out and become familiar with your new point-of-sale system.
Build your product list
- To take advantage of your training time, it helps to have your products loaded in talech. Click here for product management
- Note: talech can also import most other point-of-sale systems product lists with the exception of Clover.
Setup your iPad(s)
- Unbox, charge and power-on each iPad. We recommend naming the iPads uniquely during the initial setup of the device. A single Apple ID should be used for all devices.
- Install the talech Register application
- Log into the app to configure your PIN
Install printers and Cash Drawers:
Connect Bluetooth Printers
Bluetooth printers require only power and paper. Once loaded and powered on. Refer to Pairing Bluetooth Printers for an overview of this process.
Connect Network Printers
Ethernet Printers require a wired connection to the back panel of the printer. This is a standard RJ45, CAT5 or CAT6 connection to the Network. Please refer to Connecting Ethernet Printers for the general steps to install your printer.
Connect your Cash Drawer
Connect your Cash Drawer to its corresponding receipt printer using the included Cash Drawer cable. This cable is flat and grey with labels at each end indicating which end should be connected to the printer and which connects to the drawer.
Connect your Card Reader
talech is compatible with many card readers. Each with its own specific style of interface and connection procedure. Please refer to the hardware section of our help center for more information or search the model name of your reader in the search bar above.
Pair any remaining Bluetooth Devices
If you also purchased a Bluetooth Barcode Scanner, Card Reader or other Bluetooth accessory, pair these devices with their respective iPads.
Note: Due to limitations of Bluetooth technology, it is not recommended to have more than 3 accessories paired to a single iPad.