This guide covers the setup and use of the House Accounts feature in talech Register as well as talech.com.
House accounts allow your customers to carry a prepaid balance or open a house tab for usage over several days.
This is ideal for businesses with regular customers who would rather pay a total balance at the end of the month instead of each time they visit the store. House Accounts are configured via talech Register.
New Feature Highlights:
New Merchants can send out web statements in PDF and/or spreadsheets via email to their customers.
New House Accounts now has a microsite option that allows your customers to pay their balance online with a credit card.
New House Accounts has a setting that allows you to choose which customers can go into a negative balance, instead of enabling for all your customers.
New There is an option to set a payment expiration date on the statement after the expiration, you will need to send a new statement.
How to set up House Accounts for your business:
Step 1: Log into the talech register app as an Admin user and navigate to: "Back Office" ⇨ "Settings".
Step 2: On the right side, tap on “House Account” under the Payment section.
- House Account enables House Account option.
- Allow negative account balance: allows a customer to pay for an order at a later time. The dollar amount of negative store balance is set under Account Balance Limit.
- Account balance limit: is the maximum amount of negative store credit allowed before payment is due. This balance is the same for all customers.
- Day of month to send store credit statement: allows you to set the day of the month for a statement to be sent.
How to add value to a customer's account or pay the balance due:
Step 1. Pull up a customer account from talech Register by navigating to "Dashboard" ⇨ "Back Office" ⇨ "Customers".
Step 2. Select the customer, then the “Accounts” tab from the Navigation bar at the top of the customer profile.
- To add value: Tap “Add Amount” and enter the value you wish to add.
- To pay the balance: Tap the "Pay Balance" button. This will take you to the payment screen to complete the transaction as you would normally complete a sale in the register.
- Select the payment type and complete the payment as usual.
Once a balance has been added, the customer may spend it on any future transaction.
How to complete the payment with House Account charge:
When a customer makes a purchase with their House Account, the option will be displayed on the payment window.
Step 1: From the main register, tap on the “Customer Name” field at the top of the order to search and select the customer’s name.
Step 2: After selecting items for purchase, tap “Pay” and then from the payment window tap on “Store Credit”.
Step 3: Their amount available will show under “Current Account Balance is:” Tap on “Charge Account” to process the House Account payment.
House Account settings on talech.com:
You can also bring up the House Account settings through your account on the web.
Step 1: Log in to talech.com and click on "Settings" along the top.
Step 2: Click on "House Account" on the left and it will provide options similar to the app. You can set House Account on and set the balance settings, as well as the monthly date customers will receive an account statement for their current balance.
Step 3: When complete, tap on the blue save button on the top right. These settings will carry over to the app.
You can also view House Account totals for your customers. To see their balances:
Step 1: Click on "Customers" along the top.
Step 2: Select "House Account" along the left to see the list of customers with their balances, last payment, and payment dates. Clicking the blue button with the down arrow on the top-right provides a spreadsheet with more detail.