The Customer Facing Display app for talech enables a second iPad to be used as a CFD for customers to view the order as it is being processed. Customers can also sign on the screen of the CFD iPad for added convenience. This article covers the setup of the talech register and CFD app.
Download CFD from your the Apple App Store.
To enable talech’s Customer Facing Display, you will need 2 iPads. 1 for talech Register and 1 for the customer facing display. Both iPads will need to be configured prior to use. Please see the steps below:
To configure your CFD iPad
- Ensure your CFD iPad is connected to the same network as talech Register
- Download “talech CFD” from the Apple App Store
- Launch “talech CFD”
- An “IP Address” and “Port” information will be displayed (This is important for the register pairing)
- The Port number can be edited to support multiple registers
To configure the CFD settings in talech Register
- Login as an admin, then navigate to: Back Office > Settings
- On the right side, tap on “Customer Facing Display” under the “Signature and Tips” section
- Enable CFD
- In the “CFD IP Address” field, enter the IP address displayed on the CFD iPad
- ***Please note*** The first 3 numeric values should match in talech Register and talech CFD. If not, try the following steps:
- Make sure both iPads are connected to the same wifi network
- Force close talech CFD and check if a different number appears
- In the “Port Address” field, enter the Port number
- Now connect your iPad
- When the CFD is connected, a Blue “Welcome Screen” will appear on the CFD iPad
To customize CFD Settings:
- Tap on “Splash Screen”
- You can choose from gradient colors and customize your message
- Choose a Photo from you iPad gallery
- Take a photo
- Tap on “Messages”
- You can edit a message carousel of up to 3 messages. These messages commonly include promotions such as:
- Ask about our Online Ordering
- BOGO Sale on on Shirts
Now that your CFD is configured, you can begin displaying items and pricing as they’re being checked out in your store.
- Change the “Auto-Lock” setting on the CFD iPad to “Never”
- On the iPad: Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock
- Enable “Guided Access” in your iPad settings. For instructions, see Apples Guided Access Article.
- CFD mirrors Register display settings
- Ex: If you have “Modifier Names” enabled in talech Register, the CFD iPad will display modifier names on screen
- Image Sizes for advertisement:
- Logo Image: 64x 64 px
- Message Image: 512 x 748 px
- To see how CFD works, please check out our video: talech POS - Customer Facing Display
- Set the rotation lock on your iPad. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then tap the rotation lock icon on the right.