This article will show you how to connect and use your Sum Up reader with talech Register.
Connecting Sum Up to your iPad:
- First, be sure your Sum Up device is charged and powered on.
- Now go to your iPad settings and turn on Bluetooth
From iPad Home Screen, tap Settings > Bluetooth > Enable
To connect Sum Up in talech Register:
- Login as an admin, then navigate to: Back Office > Settings
- Under General Settings tap on “Card Reader”
- Select “Sum Up”
Processing the transaction:
- When processing your first Credit transaction in talech Register, you’ll be asked to log in to your Sum Up account
- The payment amount is sent to the Sum Up device
***If you have not already paired your reader, you can do so in this step***
- When processing your first transaction, the iPad will automatically find the Sum Up device and request paring
- Confirm the code and device match, then tap "Pair"
- Tap the Green Check on the Sum Up reader to confirm pairing
- Customers can Insert, Tap, or Swipe their cards
- If signature on iPad is enabled, customers can sign the iPad for their purchase
- You can now offer a printed or email receipt, or skip it