Introduction: This article will guide you through How to Configure Overtime Rules and understand the Labor Cost report which is available to view and download from talech.com.
Labor Cost is the typically the highest cost of operating a business. To help monitor and manage labor cost in talech Register, you will need to configure a few settings.
The following items are a checklist of the settings that need to be configured:
- Overtime/Double Time Rules
- Employee’s Hourly Wages
- Clock-in/out must be accurate
How To Configure Overtime Rules:
Step 1: Open your browser and go to www.talech.com and login
Step 2: Click on Settings at the top of the page
Step 3: Click on Employees > Overtime & Breaks
Step 4: Choose the:
- Hours Per Day
- Hours Per Week
Step 5: Configure your Overtime Hours per day and Hours per day
Step 6: Click the Save button at the top of the page
Step 7: Next you will need to edit the wages per employee, if you have not configured this already.
Helpful Manager/Admin Tips & Links:
- For advance timekeeping, customer can use our partner app, Homebase. For more details, see the Homebase Setup article
- Clocking-In/Out from talech Register is required for Labor Costing to calculate in talech
- A video overview of Employee Timekeeping can be seen on our Youtube & Vimeo Channel
The Labor Cost percentage can be seen in 3 locations.
1: talech.com > Reports > Employees >Labor Cost
2. talech.com > Dashboard (Towards the bottom)
3. talech Register > Dashboard > Reports > Labor Cost
Important to Know: Only Manager and Admin Employees can view this information in talech Register
Note: California, Kentucky, New York, Rhode Island Merchants: Be Aware your estimated wages may be inaccurate due to your state’s overtime and minimum wage regulations.
Estimated wages are merely guides and should not be used for payroll or accounting purposes.