Kitchen Display Systems (KDS) are used for expedient delivery of orders to the kitchen. The KDS is typically used in conjunction with an order ticket printer where the expediter at the head of the line can review and clear (bump) the order from the screen when the order is complete.
Below are the details for the currently supported KDS option in talech.
- Epson TM-U220B-i Printer (Required)
- Epson TM Expansion Box (Required when adding additional screens)
- Bematech USB Bump Bar (Required)
- Monitor - 1080p w/ VGA connection
- Brands to avoid:
- Brands to avoid:
- All devices will need to be on the same network
- KDS Printer and Expansion boxes should auto-detect in Dashboard > Back Office > Settings > Printers
- Expansion box models will be auto-detected as TM-88v and will need to be changed to TM-U220B by tapping on it in the 'Printers Management' screen.
- The KDS printer must not be setup with any categories to be sent to the kitchen, all Expansion boxes will act as individual printers.
- IE: Expansion box 1 can be setup with cold items, Expansion box 2 can be setup for hot items, etc.
- Check to make sure all devices are on the same network
- Check IP address of device(s). If the IP on the device does not match the entry in talech, the KDS will not receive orders
- Make sure orders are not overflowing
- KDS will only display certain number of orders (10-12), once order capacity is filled, orders will be displayed as orders are removed/bumped
- After checking list above, if KDS is still not working, record receipt number and restart KDS printer. After restart, test order to kitchen. *Note* Wait 1-2 mins before attempting to send items to kitchen.
- Reboot Expansion boxes only if rebooting printer does not work
All KDS devices need to be installed by Boomtown or IT professional and require a training scheduled for finalization installation.