The Clone Order feature is available for all customers. This feature will create a clone, or duplicate, a closed order so you do not have to manually enter every product again. This will be mostly useful for customers who frequently order the same thing from time to time.
*Note : Retail accounts can load previous days transactions from the Orders > Closed view up to a few thousand.Restaurant accounts can only see the current business days orders.
How to Clone an order
Cloning an order can be done from two areas in the app.
From a Closed order:
- Tap on "Orders" from the Dashboard, or from your Register View
- Select the order you wish to clone
- Towards the bottom, there will be a Duplicate button. It is right above the refund options
- Press "Duplicate" and the order will recreate itself in the Register view
- You can now edit the order or process payment as needed.
From the Customer tab (Customer Profile must be attached to the original order):
- Starting from the Register view:
- Retail: Select Dashboard > Customers
- Restaurant + Service: Select Dashboard > Back Office > Customers
- Find the desired customer and select their profile
- Select the "orders" section at the top
- By default, the "closed" section will be selected. Search for the order you wish to Duplicate and select it
- In the tip right, there is an icon that looks like two sheets of paper on top of each other. Press this button and the order will recreate itself in the Register view.
- You can now edit the order or process payment as needed
1. What if the original order has an item that is no longer in my menu?
- There will be an alert that prompts that items no longer exist, and the order will duplicate without those items.
2. What exactly will carry over?
- All products with variations, modifiers, discounts, and order/item notes will carry over into the new order. The order will appear exactly as the original order.
3. What if my tax settings changed?
- The new order will go by the current tax settings.