Overview: The Clone Order feature is available for all customers. This feature will create a clone, or duplicate, a closed order so you do not have to manually enter every product again.
This will be most useful for customers who frequently order the same thing from time to time.
Important to Know:
- Retail accounts can load previous days' transactions from the talech register > Orders > Closed view up to a few thousand.
- Restaurant accounts can only see the current business days' orders.
How to Clone an Order:
Cloning an order can be done from two areas in the talech register app. See below.
From a Closed order:
Step 1: Tap on "Orders" from the Dashboard, or from your Register View
Step 2: Select the order you wish to clone
Step 3: Towards the bottom, there will be a Duplicate button. It is right above the refund options
Step 4: Press "Duplicate" and the order will recreate itself in the Register view
Step 5: You can now edit the order or process payment as needed.
From the Customer Tab: (Customer Profile must be attached to the original order):
Step 1: Starting from the Register view:
- Retail: Select Dashboard > Customers
- Restaurant + Service: Select Dashboard > Back Office > Customers
Step 2: Find the desired customer and select their profile
Step 3: Select the "orders" section at the top
Step 4: By default, the "closed" section will be selected. Search for the order you wish to Duplicate and select it.
Step 5: In the top right, there is an icon that looks like two sheets of paper on top of each other. Press this button and the order will recreate itself in the Register view.
Step 6: You can now edit the order or process payment as needed.
1. What if the original order has an item that is no longer in my menu?
- There will be an alert that prompts that items no longer exist, and the order will duplicate without those items.
2. What exactly will carry over?
- All products with variations, modifiers, discounts, and order/item notes will carry over into the new order. The order will appear exactly as the original order.
3. What if my tax settings changed?
- The new order will go by the current tax settings.