Store credit allows merchants to issue a refund for returned items without having to reimburse credit transactions or dispense cash.
When store credit is issued, the credit amount is associated with a unique 10 digit store credit ID. Merchants may also choose to associate the store credit with a customer record (recommended), but it is not a requirement.
- From the app's Register view, tap on Orders in the top right corner.
- Tap Closed and tap on the receipt number. If this transaction is from a previous day, tap on the search glass in the top left corner and look up the order using the 4 digit receipt number or last 4 credit card numbers.
- Tap Return and place a check mark next to each item. You can also tap Select All if you're refunding the entire order.
- Tap Next in the top right corner and tap Store Credit.
- A window prompt will ask if you want to apple credit to a customer account. You can use the search bar to select a current customer account or tap the + button to create a new account.
- Tap Next after selecting a customer account. A copy of the store credit receipt will appear on the screen, You can email or print a copy of this for the customer.
- Hit Close in the top left corner.
- From the payment screen, tap on the Store Credit tab.
- Use the search bar to look up the customer account and or the unique 10 digit store credit ID.
- Tap on the Redeem box located on the right.
- Tap the blue Apply Store Credit box at the bottom of the payment window.
- If you associated the store credit with a customer account:
- From the app's Dashboard view, tap on Back Office and tap on Customers.
- Search for the customer account and tap on it to open additional details.
- Tap on the Store Credit tab near the top of window.
- If the store credit was not tagged to a customer account:
- Sign into your account through https://www.talech.com/login.
- Click Receipts at the top of the site.
- Search for the receipt number that generated the store credit.
- Click on the receipt for additional details include the unique 10 digit store credit ID.