iDynamo, uDynamo and aDynamo troubleshooting
The MagTek iDynamo, uDynamo, and aDynamo are all supported by Talech, however, only the iDynamo with the Lightning connector is still offered.
Common card swipe errors.
- Dirty card reader ( clean card reader with an alcohol wipe.)
- Bad card ( attempt to swipe with a new card)
- Swipe speed ( attempt swiping at different speeds)
- Swipe start point and end ( card must swipe all the way through the reader)
- Movement shift at swipe ( moving card away from the reader as the swipe goes through, will cause an error)
If the issue persists after last suggestions try steps below by card reader type.
Note: uDynamo card reader is connected by headphone jack, and iDynamo connects via IPad sync port.
Check correct card reader is selected in Talech app.
- From Talech Register App tap the "Settings" tab found in the Back Office.
- Select the "General" option on the right.
- Select "Card Reader" on the left beneath "Payment" and verify the correct reader is selected.
- Remove the iDynamo and plug it back in
- Make sure the iDynamo is securely plugged in
- Verify iDynamo is showing in the iPad settings by going to General, then About. iDynamo 5 should show under Bluetooth.
- Remove the iDynamo and turn off the iPad. While the iPad is off reconnect the reader to the charging port and turn the iPad back on.
- Plug the supplied micro USB charger into the iDynamo and verify the iPad is charging when connected.
uDynamo troubleshooting steps.
- Check uDynamo battery life
- Charge uDynamo power with available micro USB slot. (found on the side of the iDynamo card reader). The light on the reader should be green when fully charged.
- Test the reader with a payment while the reader is connected to the charger. Working only when the charger is connected will indicate the uDynamo internal battery has failed.
- Check microphone settings
- From IPad settings.
- Select Privacy, then Microphone, and make sure "Register" is turned on to green.
- If Microphone is enabled
- Unplug the uDynamo form the iPad
- Tap the "Home" button on the iPad twice and close all windows by swiping upward on them
- Log back into the talech Register app and plug uDynamo in
- Run test transaction to verify
If an iOS update was recently performed attempt to follow the troubleshooting steps listed here. For further troubleshooting assistance, please reach us at email@example.com.