Purchase Orders help you stay on top of your inventory by managing orders with an external supplier.
With the Premium tier of talech you can create, send, and receive purchase orders in talech. This can cut down the time it takes to receive multiple items within a shipment or order.
There are 2 types of purchase orders you can create in talech; New and Recorded PO's.
- New Purchase Order: Send your purchase order to your Suppliers via email directly through talech.
- Record Purchase Order: Allows you to handle purchase orders via a supplier portal and record it in talech. Recorded PO's will not send anything to your supplier.
Ex: If your supplier requires you use their system to request items, you can use their system, then recreate the items in talech. This way, when you receive the items you can update all received item and it will automatically adjust the quantity.
To create a Purchase Order in talech:
- Log in to talech.com and go to Products and select Purchase Orders along the panel on the left.
- Click on the + button and select New Purchase Order"
- From the Supplier Name drop-down, select the product’s supplier
- Enter a Supplier Invoice #/Reference # if applicable
- Select your Delivery Address (default is your store address)
- You can add a new address if you would like the supplies to be delivered elsewhere
- Click on the Due Date field and choose the day you need the order fulfilled by
- Add notes to your supplier about the order in the Notes section
ex: Need this order sooner if possible
- Click Purchase Order Details to add the products to the purchase order.
By default any items that are at or below your specified Inventory Alert threshold will appear in the Low Stock section at the bottom of your purchase order details; along with the default Reorder Amount configured for that product
- Items that are not considered "low stock," can be searched for at the top of the Purchase Order Details page. If you click the search bar without entering any text, you will see all items associated with the supplier.
- Once you've completed adding products, tap on the back arrow on the top right to return to the PO Details page
- If adjustments need to be made to the Tax total, Cost of an item, or Requested amount, you can do so before clicking the back button.
***Please Note*** The cost and requested amount must be entered or you will get an error when trying to send the PO
- Review your information and press Send to email the PO to your supplier
- Once the purchase order has been sent it will be listed as PENDING
You can recall the purchase order and download into a spreadsheet if you need to fax the PO to your supplier.
To receive a Purchase Order in talech:
- From the Purchase Orders section, click on the PENDING purchase order.
You can also use the Search to find your PO quickly. They are all created in chronological order
- Click on Purchase Order Details for the list of pending products
- Click on Receive at the top of the PO Detail screen
- Fill in the amount received in the Received field on the right
- Click the Save button after all items are received
- If you need to print barcodes for items recieved in the order, click the barcode icon at the top of the page .(This is optional)
- Tap on the back button to go back to the PO summary page and tap on the save folder to complete the process
The quantities received will be reflected for all items counted in the Purchase Order.
Different Purchase Order States:
Your purchase order can be in 4 states; Open, Pending, Received, Closed.
|Open:||The PO has been created, but not sent to the supplier.|
|Pending:||The PO has been created and sent to the the supplier.|
|Received:||The PO has been partially received, but not complete.|
|Closed:||The PO order has been fulfilled.|
Below is an example of what the email that's sent to the supplier looks like: