Warning: Do not delete the application while Offline Mode is active. Any transactions done in this mode are stored locally on your iPad until the app has internet to sync data with our server. Deleting the register Application will cause the iPad to delete the associated transaction data.
If you lose internet connection while using the app, the application will automatically switch to Offline Mode. This mode lets you stay signed into the application and complete orders using cash payments. The following features are not available in offline mode:
- Cash Drawer feature and report
- Employee clock-in and clock-out
- Changing app settings
- Credit card settlement
- Editing products/menu
- Integrated electronic gift cards
- Certain payment types: credit cards, integrated gift cards, and store credit
- Previously created open orders will not appear until internet is restored
- Tip adjustment
To verify if you're in Offline mode, check the Cloud icon located in the register app. The following tables list different connection statuses and how the cloud will appear:
|Green cloud with a check mark||The app is currently online and communicating with the talech server.|
|Yellow cloud with an !||The app is in offline mode and saving transaction data.|
|Red cloud with an X||Contact talech support at 888-995-1998 for further assistance.|
Troubleshooting Offline Mode:
Warning: If the cloud icon is red, please contact our 24 hour support at 888-995-1998.
- Force close the register application.
- Go to the iPad's Settings > Wi-Fi to check if the iPad is connected to the correct network.
- If you're connected to the correct network, Forget the network and reconnect to it by tapping on the blue circle with an i located on the right hand side.
- Open Register. If the cloud is still Yellow, tap on it and see if the Pending Transaction number is going down.
- If the problem persists, contact your network support and or internet service provider to troubleshoot your connection.