Warning: Do not delete the application while Offline Mode is active. Any transactions done in this mode are stored locally on your iPad until the app has internet to sync data with our server. Deleting the register Application will cause the iPad to delete the associated transaction data.
If you lose internet connection while using the app, the application will automatically switch to Offline Mode. This mode allows you to have partial access to certain features of the talech application.
Fully supported offline features:
- Create/save open orders. (Only stored on the iPad that created the order)
- Process Cash, Check, and Other payment types
- Local pre-authorization (Validate card turned off with supported card reader)
- Sign in between different employees via PIN screen
Limited access while offline:
- Sign in for users with "require clock in to access register"
- After attempting to clock in, it will prompt a connection issue and sign on will be available
- Bypass Cash Drawer Management while offline
- Prompt to open cash drawer appears. "Open Shift" now allows to bypass to take payments offline
- Access to change some settings offline which syncs when connection is restored
- Open/Closed orders stored locally on iPad.
- Last iPad to modify order will be able to view while offline
- Table layout allows to create new orders and view tables in use
- Will check open orders from that iPad to see if tables are in use
No access while offline:
- Credit card transactions, tip adjust, and settlement
- Integrated electronic gift cards and store credit
- Refunds via any type of payment / Exchanges
- Reports and customer list
- Some General settings
- Order syncing between different iPads.
- Editing Menu/Inventory
Checking if Online/Offline
From the Registers, tap Dashboard. The bottom left will have a cloud which can be tapped for further details. The following table shows the 3 types of clouds that appear and the descriptions:
|Green cloud with a check mark||The app is currently online and communicating with the talech server.|
|Yellow cloud with an !||The app is in offline mode and saving transaction data locally.|
|Red cloud with an X||Contact talech support at 888-995-1998 for further assistance.|
While in offline mode, there is also an orange bar that appears at the top of the screen. This bar will exist until connection has been restored.
Warning: If the cloud icon/bar is red, please contact our 24 hour support at 888-995-1998.
Troubleshooting Offline Mode:
- Force close the register application.
- Go to the iPad's Settings > Wi-Fi to check if the iPad is connected to the correct network.
- If you're connected to the correct network, forget the network and reconnect to it by tapping on the blue circle with an "i" located on the right hand side. Warning: Make sure you know your Wi-Fi password before forgetting the network.
- Open Register and go to Dashboard. If the cloud is still Yellow, tap on it and see if the Pending actions number is going down. if the actions are decreasing, then connection has been restored. This may require multiple taps to check if decreasing.
- If the problem persists, contact your network support and or internet service provider to troubleshoot your connection.