Stock taking is an important aspect of good inventory management. Stock takes can be done regularly to check if the reported inventory levels of your products match what's physically in your store. With talech, you can do a stock take using the talech app or the talech dashboard.
Note: Stock take is a premium feature. If you do not have premium enabled, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or your sales rep to upgrade your account.
Using the talech.com:
1. After logging in, select Products (at the top) > Stock Take (on the left).
2. This screen will show stock takes for the specified day. The top right will show the current date. This can be changed to see any previous stock takes.
3. To conduct the Stock Take, press the blue "Stock Take" button in the top right corner.
4. Search for the item(s) that you wish to adjust. Enter in the quantity in the "Counted" field on the right hand side. Once done making your adjustments, press the blue ">" button in the top right hand corner. If you make a mistake and need to go back, you can use the blue "<" button right next to the next button.
5. The next screen will show all products that were selected on the previous step. Review your changes and once everything is correct, press the blue ">" button again.
6. The products have now been updated. There is an option to download a spreadsheet which shows your changes. Otherwise press "Done" in the top right to finalize your changes.
Using the Register app:
1. From the register, go to Dashboard > Back Office > Inventory.
2. In the top right, select "Actions." A drop down will appear. Select "Stock Take." You may or may not get a prompt that gives a brief explanation how to complete the stock take. If you do not wish for this prompt to appear again, press "Don't Remind me Again."
3. Stock take has two sections to it located at the top.
The first tab "All Products" will show all products that have inventory tracking turned on. If a product is not listed on this screen, chances are that inventory tracking is not turned on on that products. Go to your "Menu" section in "Back Office" to edit your products.
The second tab is the "Stock Take List." This will show any added product which inventory is to be adjusted.
4. There are two ways to add products to your stock take list. Both are completed from the "All Products" tab.
First is to manually add the products. Either search, or scroll, to view the product you are looking to adjusted. Press the blue "+" button on the right hand side of the product details.
The second is to use a barcode scanner. Any item that is scanned will automatically be added to the "Stock take list"
5. To adjust the quantity of the items, you must be in "Stock Take List."
If adjusting manually, simply adjust the quantity in the "Counted" column. It is an open text field, so tap on the box, enter in the correct number, and move on to the next product.
If you are using the barcode scanner, each scan will add 1 "Counted" quantity. So if you counted 5 of the same product, scan that item 5 times. If you scan too many times on accident, just manually adjust the "Counted" field to be correct.
6. Once you are finished making your changes, press the "Save" button in the top right hand corner. A prompt will appear for you to confirm your changes. Confirm the changes and print the report if you choose. Your inventory has now been adjusted.