A strong and reliable network are critical to proper functioning of the talech product. Please review the following recommendation & guidelines to make sure you have the proper network connection.
- You must have a high-speed internet connection. Your download speed must be greater than 3 Mbps and your upload speed must be at least 1.5 Mbps per iPad in use.
You can use the following website to check your internet speed.
- Wi-Fi Business Network vs. Customer Wi-Fi
We recommend you DO NOT share your business wi-fi network with your customers. If you do share the network, please consult with a network specialist to rate limit your customer’s traffic.
- Use a Business Grade Router
You must have a business grade router. Your Business Wi-Fi Router should be visible to the iPads and should not be tucked away in a back office. We recommend within 60 feet of the iPad. Click to view our list of Recommended Business Grade Routers.
- Does your Business have multiple floors?
If you have multiple floors please make sure to have a technician or install engineer conduct a site survey so that your talech System is configured correctly and that all iPads receive a strong signal.
- Multiple Printers & Same Location
If you plan on having multiple printers then it is best to identify what type of ceilings you have, which may make it hard to install cable. If you have high ceilings with no access (closed off) then it is best to conduct a site survey with a technician or install engineer.
- Ethernet Wiring & Static IP Address
Please ensure that you have properly installed ethernet wiring to all wired printers and static IP addresses for receipt & order printers (if applicable).
Please Note: Using a static IP address will help prevent disconnection issues in the event of a power outage, router reset, etc. Without a static IP address, the printer may be issued a new IP address and contribute to connection issues.
talech does not recommend or support installations with:
- Off-the-shelf home or small-business routers for networks with more than 5 total devices including printers or desktop computers
- Satellite internet
- Power line ethernet adaptors