The Avery Brecknell scale can be connected via your printer to weigh products in the Register app during a transaction. This is great for locations such as yogurt shops, butchers and grocery stores.
You will need:
- An Epson T-88V-i printer with DB9 Serial interface
- An Avery Brecknell POS Bench Scale - 6710U
- A serial DB9 Male/DB9 Female 8C Null Modem Cable
The printer is ethernet, which must be connected to your network and detected as an available printer before proceeding.
Follow the steps below to configure the printer for use with the weight scale:
- Select printer in "Default Communications Hub" settings
- Enable the printers serial port and verify the settings are correct
- Connect the printer and scale using the DB9 Serial cable
- Set the scales 'type' setting to ensure correct units are sent to the register app during weighing
Step 1 - Select your printer in the "Default Communications Hub" in the register app
Tap on Dashboard > Back Office > Settings > Printers > Advanced then Default Communications Hub
From there select the T88V-i printer you have for the scale. You can then tap "Back" to go to the previous settings page.
Step 2 - Enable the printers serial port and verify the settings are correct
Open a web browser, then navigate to the printers admin page. This is usually http://<printer_id>/webconfig. The printers IP address shown in the talech app (see screenshot above) as well as printed out each time the printer is powered on:
The default username and password for the printers /webconfig page are both "epson" (without the quotes).
Click on 'Serial Comunication Device' and ensure the 'Communication settings' are as follows:
- Serial device communications settings : Use
- Communications speed : 9600
- Data Bit : 7
- Parity : Even
- Stop Bit : 1
- Flow Control : None
When set, tap on "Apply".
Step 3 - Connect the printer and scale using the DB9 Serial cable
Connect the serial cable. Connect the power cable if not already attached.
At this point the scale should be ready to use. From here, you can start adding product settings with steps on this link : Setting up Products with Weight Settings for the Scale.
Scale Error Troubleshooting
If you complete the set-up and get an error while weighing an item, you may need to check the scale’s configuration.
To start, press the “Hold/Print” and "Zero/On-Off” button at the same time for about 4 seconds.
This will put the display into settings mode. To navigate through the settings menu, press “Unit” to scroll down an option list and “Tare” on the right to select.
There are two options which will need to be toggled on. Scroll through the following options :
1. User -> Com 2 -> Outnd . Then press the “Unit” button to scroll through the blinking options until “PrtCD” is displayed, and press the “Tare” button on the right to confirm.
Then press the “Hold/Print” button once until you see Com 2. Proceed to toggle on the following option :
2. Com 2 -> Layout . Then press the “Unit” button to scroll through the blinking options until “Scp02” is displayed, and press the “Tare” button on the right to confirm.
Once done, press the “Zero/On-Off” button 3 times to save and exit.
CAS PD-II Scale Configuration
Please note: Some customers may be using the CAS PD-II Scale. This scale requires an additional step:
Set the scales 'type' setting to ensure correct units are sent to the register app during weighing
Power on the scale while holding the # button. Release the # button when you see 'tYPE 0' on the display.
Tap the 'lb/oz' button until the display reads 'tYPE 5'
Tap the 'ZERO' button to save the setting
This step is not required for the Avery Brecknell scale.