Cash drawers may not open automatically or make clicking sounds for the following reason:
- The cash drawer is not completely closed, jammed, or could be locked.
- The cash drawer printer has not been specified as the customer receipt printer.
- The cash drawer interface cable is loose, damaged or not the correct cable type.
- The cash drawer cable is direction; is the "to printer" end connected to the printer and the "to drawer" end connected to the drawer?
Recommended Troubleshooting steps:
- Confirm that the cash drawer isn’t locked.
- Verify that the printer is using the interface cable that came with it.
- Check for loose connections between the cash drawer and printer
- Ensure the printer cable is orriented correctly with the 'To Printer' end connected to the printer and the 'To Drawer' end connected to the drawer.
- Check the power on the printer.
- Go into the app’s printer sections and verify that the cash drawer printer is setup as the customer receipt printer.
- Try using the manual eject latch on the bottom of the drawer to see if its jammed.
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here 24/7 to help you run your business better today.