To have better visibility into what's in stock, the Sale Unit feature is great for seeing what's remaining in a bottle or container. This is done by creating a source product, like a bottle, which will decrease based on product servings linked to it. You can also add Bundles from the Dashboard to measure the pour by glass. This can be done for liquors or wines, too. To start :
1. Login to talech.com to start editing on the Dashboard. Click on "Products" on the top, select the category you're adding to and click on the "+" button on the top right.
2. Fill in the wine bottle name and click on the "Track Quantity" box. You can enter the number of bottles you want it to start off with. In this example we'll do 4.
3. Click on the blue button with the two arrows to the right of "Units", which will show the "Stock Unit Conversion" field below. Below, fill in the number of ounces per bottle. Then click on the save folder in the top right.
4. Tap on the "+" button to add another product, which will be the glass serving. Fill in the name, which should include "Glass" in the name. Also click on "Regular Product" towards the top of the product window and change it to "Bundle product".
5. Click on "Bundle items" below in the product window and tap on the pencil icon on the top right. Then use the search field to find the source item. In this example it's going to be the "Abarca Valley Pinot Bottle".
Select the source product.
6. After selecting it, fill in the amount which will pour for each glass. It'll be 5 ounces in this example. Once done, tap on the save folder in the top right and again from the product window.
Click on the save folder again on the top right.
When on the Register app, you'll see the product start off with 4 bottles as the quantity. When a glass is sold, it will deduct the glass from the bottle quantity.
The glass sold reduces the bottles from 4 to 3.8. The glass poured deducts a portion of the bottle.