Tags provide a whole new level of controlling how talech displays menu, handles grouping, displays reports, and now discounts!
Admins are able to add tags to products, and create discounts that only affect the tagged products.
There is no limit on how many tags can be created, or how many tags can be added to products.
Admins can create tags from the register app and also talech.com .
Adding tags to products and creating discounts for tags is handled in the register app.
A tag list must be created before adding them to categories, products, or discounts.
Creating tag list
Administrators are able to create a list of tags from the menu edit screen in the register.
Once a list of tags are created, they will be available to add to products, categories, & discounts.
1. Tap on the admin button
2. Select "Menu"
3. Tap on "Product Tags"
4. Tap on the pencil to edit or create a list.
5. Tap on "Add New Tag" to add a tag
a.repeat for any additional tags to complete list
6. Tap on check symbol to complete
Adding tags to products
Admins can add multiple tags to a single product from the menu screen.
Note: Tags cannot be added to products at the same time that a product is being created.
1. From the menu screen tap on products.
2. Select the product to add tag to.
3. Tap on tags to view the list of tags.
4. Place check mark to all tags you would like to add.
a. Applied to category are tags that are set on the category,
where this product is saved.
5. Tap on the back button.
6. Select the blue folder to save
Or x to cancel.
Adding tags to categories
1. From the menu screen tap and hold on the desired category
a. Hold for 2 seconds before releasing.
2. Select "Tags".
3.Tap on each tag to link to this categories.
4.Tap on back button.
5. Tap on save or cancel.
Setting up discounts with tags
1. From the menu screen tap on discounts.
2. Tap on + to add a new discount
a. or select any existing discount.
3.Fill out the discount details
4.Tap on "Apply to Tags".
5.Select all the tags that will be discounted.
6.Tap on back.
7.Enter all other configuration
a.automatic discount will trigger the discount automatically based on time and date selected.
8.Tap on save or x to cancel.
Items with a tag associated to it will now discount if:
- Discount is added from the discount screen.
- Discounts are applied automatically.
Creating tags for categories in talech.com
Administrators can create tags in talech.com and assign them to categories.
Creating discounts, or adding tags to products is currently not available in talech.com
Creating tag list
Administrators can create tags from talech.com by visiting the Products option.
1. Select "Products" from top menu.
2. Select "Categories" from the left menu.
3. Select any category from the list.
4. Select "Tags" to view list of tags.
5. Select on pencil to create a list
a. The list created will be shared with all categories.
b. Tags will not be added to this category unless checked next step explains this.
6. Select on add new tag to add each tag.
a. type in box to name tag
7. Select the blue folder to save
Or X to cancel
Note: Once saved the tags will be accessible to all categories / products.
8. Select which tags will be added to this category.
a. the current category is written vertically to the left of the tags list.
9. Select on back button when complete.
10. Select the blue folder to save
Or X to cancel
Note: if cancel is pressed the changes on tags on list will not be erased.
Add tags to categories
1. From the categories screen select a category.
2. Select tags to view tag list.
3. Select each tag to add to this category.
4. Select on back button once completed.
5. Select blue folder to save
a. Or X to cancel
The amount of tags added is shown next to tags button.