The talech Customers database is helpful in offering your customers a more personalized experience as well as providing you insight into how your customers shop at your store.
In general, a customer record should contain:
- The customers first name
- Email address and/or phone number
Locating a customer in talech can be done by name, phone or email address and requires at least the email or phone number to be unique in talech for positive identification of the correct customer account during checkout.
Customers may be added to your account in multiple areas:
- On talech.com, click on 'Customers' then click the [ + ] button
- In the register app, tap the 'Customer' field on the order, then tap 'Add customer'
- From the menu in the register app, tap on 'Customers' then tap the [ + ] button
- In the register app, after choosing 'Email' for the receipt at the end of an order completion there is an option for adding the customer to talech.
Customer accounts can track various customer metrics such as days since last visit, average spend and total spend. Customer accounts can also store a "payment token" which allows you to keep their credit card on-file without having to store the actual card data. Please speak with your Payment Processor regarding Tokenization to take advantage of this feature. This does not require any changes to the talech account.