For all Bluetooth devices, make sure your iPad's Bluetooth feature is enabled before attempting to pair your device. Please refer to Apple if you do not know how to do this. The manual included with your iPad as well as this article from Apple's website are helpful.
Before you begin
Ensure the printer is powered on and has paper loaded correctly. For instructions specific to your printer, please refer to the manual enclosed in the box your printer came in.
Please note: Pairing may fail if the printer is out-of-paper. Also, due to the nature of the Bluetooth protocol, only one iPad is able to use the Bluetooth printer. If multiple iPads will need to print to the same printer you will require a printer with an Ethernet interface.
- Ensure the printer is powered on.
- In the Bluetooth section of your iOS settings, locate the printers name and tap on it. Once paired and connected the status should show 'Connected' in iOS.
- Begin by powering on the printer
- Locate the 'Pair' button on the back of the printer
- Hold the pair button for 5 seconds, then release. The pairing status light should be green and begin to blink after you release the 'Pair' button to indicate the printer is in pairing mode. Please note, the printer will leave pairing mode after 30 seconds.
- Tap the name of the printer in the iOS Bluetooth Settings to pair. If pairing fails, try the pairing procedure above once again as the printer may have timed out. If pairing continues to fail, please refer to Apple's documentation for difficulty pairing devices with iOS.
Please note: By default, all Star Micronics printers are labeled 'Star Micronics'. Because of this, you must use the Star Micronics Bluetooth Utility app to rename your Bluetooth printers you will install within approximately 30 feet of each other. This is to ensure the correct printer is connected to the correct iPad. Failure to perform this step in multiple bluetooth printer installations may result in errors connecting to the printer from the talech register.
If the TSP 650 was previously paired to another device or must be reset
- Power off the printer
- Using a pen, hold the reset button on the rear panel of the printer
- While holding the reset button, power the printer back on by using the power switch on the side of the printer.
- After 5 seconds of being powered on, release the reset button and wait an additional 15 seconds.
- Power off the printer, wait a moment, then power on the printer and re-pair per the instructions above.
Auto-detect the printer(s) in talech
After pairing your printers, open the register and navigate to 'Back Office' -> 'Settings'. Tap on 'Printers' then, 'Auto Detect' which will bring up the paired printer.