The Moneris iCMP is a bluetooth EMV card reader that can handle various card types. It's first paired through bluetooth settings on the device, then connected in the Register settings. It can handle swipe, EMV chip cards and ApplePay payments.
Pairing the Moneris iCMP :
1. Power on the device by holding the button on the right side.
2. After "VEGA" shows on the screen, when the "POSPAD US iCMP"screen appears, press the RED button followed by the GREEN button in quick succession.
3. Select "iOS" for your connection type by pressing green button.
4. Select "OFF" for QR Code (press F4)
5. Select "OFF" for Beep (press F4)
6. Select "YES" for BT Pairing (press F4)
7. Press "F" key on the right (on the press F Key screen)
8. Press 2 to select "BT Pairing"
9. Press 3 to select "Remove paired device"
10. Remove any paired devices listed on the screen
11. Press 2 to select "Pair device (iOS)"
12. Make sure your iPad is on the pairing screen, under "Settings", then "Bluetooth".
13. Press 0 to select "Search devices"
14. Once the search has completed, select your iPad from the list using the F2 (down) and F3 (up) keys and press the green button.
15. Enter the 16 digit PIN code on the iPad when prompted to connect.
16. After you pair it, make sure the device shows as "Connected" on the iPad and hold the button on the right side of the iCMP to reboot it.
Settings on the Register app :
1. Tap on "Dashboard" on the top left, then "Back Office" and "Settings".
2. Tap on "General" and select "Card Reader" .
3. Then tap on "Start Reader Configuration" to configure the iCMP device. Make sure it has a full charge.
4. When the prompt comes up, tap on "Ok" for it to update the iCMP. It takes about 3 minutes and you'll be ready to process transactions once done.