Please Note: The iCT250 is a networked payment device currently deployed for Canadian customers processing through Elavon only. This reader supports swipe, chip and contactless (e.g. Apple Pay) payment methods.
For printable instructions, please download the following setup guide:
iCT 250 Setup Guide
Begin by connecting the iCT250 to power and ethernet using the included power and ethernet adapters. Once the iCT250 is turned on and connected, you'll step through the menu to select some initial settings. To start:
1. Remove box contents.Your iCT box should have the following contents:
- Terminal Magic Box
- Power Supply
- Ethernet Cable
- Paper Roll
2. Insert paper roll & connect ethernet cable.
1. To begin connecting the iCT250, you'll get a network address (IP address) from the device. To get the network address, select the following options :
- Press the "#" button for the Admin Menu.
- Select 3 for "Setup Menu".
- Select 2 for "Communications".
- Select 3 for "Ethernet".
- Select 2 for "Ethernet Setup".
- Select 1 for "Dynamic IP".
- Select "Host Port1" and verify it's set to 443. If it's wrong, press the yellow button to clear and fill in 443. Then press the green button to accept.
- Press the red button to return to the "Ethernet Menu".
- Select 1 for "Current Setup", then write down the IP number following "IP address:"
- Press the red button 4 times to return to the main Admin Menu.
2. Next, the network port will be set. To start :
- Select 9 for "Misc. Options".
- Select 1 for "Semi-Integrated".
- Select 1 for "Enable SemiInteg".
- Select the "On" option.
3. Then set the Communications Port :
- Select 2 for "Communications Type".
- Select 3 for "Ethernet".
- Enter "6556" as the Communications Port and press the green button.
4. Next, the ECR option will be set. To start :
- Select 3 for "Receipts Options".
- Select 1 for "ECR". This ensures the receipt will be printed on the talech assigned printer, rather than the terminal.
- Press the red button until you are back to the main Welcome screen.
5. On your iPad, tap on and login to the talech Register app.
6. Once signed in tap on "Dashboard" ⇨ "Back Office" ⇨ "Settings" ⇨ "Card Reader" (under "Payments") and select "iCT 220, iCT250, & iWL250".
7.Toward the bottom of the screen, enter the IP network address that is provided from the reader (Step 1) and port address as 6556 (Step 3).
(Area highlighted in blue)
Your iCT Terminal should be fully connected and ready accept payments. If you have further questions on how to set up your iCT250 device or questions relating to anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here 24/7 to help you run your business better today.