We released a new version of talech Register which includes improvements to the Ingenico iCMP payment reader for a more stable & reliable payment experience. It's recommend you upgrade to this latest version.
Click Here -> ICMP Troubleshooting Guide which outline "step by step" instructions to some of the more common issues we see.
The iCMP card reader will normally show a Welcome message on its screen and change to a Swipe or Tap message once a credit card payment is started in talech. Some issues that may occur when using the iCMP reader include:
- The reader remains on the Welcome screen.
- The Register displays a Failed to Connect error message.
- The payment sections shows card reader not detected.
Wake on Bluetooth:
There is an internal card reader setting for the iCMP reader called Wake on bluetooth. If this setting is not turned on, it can impact the experience with the card reader. Please use the following steps to verify that the feature is active:
- Restart the card reader by holding down the power button on the right side of the reader.
- During the restart process, a screen will popup with the word Copyright. Quickly enter the code 2634, hit the green button and hit the F button.
- Use the F2 key and scroll down to BT Pairing. Hit the green button.
- Use the F2 key and scroll down to Wake on BT. Hit the green button.
- Use the F2 key and scroll down to Both(On). Hit the green button.
- Restart the reader by holding down the power button on the right side of the reader.
If you’re still experiencing issues after checking the Wake on bluetooth setting, please use the following steps:
- Does the card reader screen show Welcome?
- In the Register Settings > General > Card reader; is there a checkmark next to Ingenico - iCMP (EMV Enabled) or iCMP(non-EMV)?
- Is the iPad’s bluetooth turned on and do you see Ingenico-###### with the word Connected?
- Force close the Register app.
- Turn the iPad’s bluetooth off and hold down the yellow and # button on the iCMP reader to shut off the device.
- Turn the reader back on by holding the power button on the right side of the device and turn the iPad’s bluetooth back on.
- Tap on Ingenico-###### in the bluetooth section to reconnect the device.
- Open Register and do a test transaction to see if the reader behaves as normal.
If you’re still experiencing issues with the reader or have an issue not listed in this article, please Contact Us via any of the support options we have.