Setting a static IP address is recommended to avoid unexpected printer outages due to the IP address of the printer being changed by the network router when the IP expires.
Before you begin
Be sure you know the correct network range for your router. This information can be found in the routers configuration interface. The default configuration should also be given in the routers documentation.
The following Epson printer models are configured using a web browser interface:
WARNING: Improper network settings will cause the printer to be unavailable to the register application. If you are not comfortable changing the settings on your printer or do not have time to troubleshoot if something goes wrong, please utilize an IT professional or service such as Boomtown.
- Obtain the current IP address of the printer. This information will print out 15 to 20 seconds after turning the printer on.
- Connect to the printer using the correct interface: via an iPad or computer on the same network. Open a browser and enter the IP address along with '/webconfig' in the URL bar. For example, if the IP address that prints out is 192.168.0.149 you would enter: http://192.168.0.149/webconfig
- Login using the username: epson and password: epson.
- From the left, click TCP/IP and set Get IP Address to Manual.
- Enter the printer's IP in the IP Address field and click Submit at the bottom of the page.
- Click Reset on the next screen
Please note: Once the configuration has been updated, you will need to update the IP in talech as well. You can do this by tapping the printer under 'Printers' in the register 'Settings' area. Please refer to the help article here for help setting up printers in talech.