The all-in-one talech Elo station integrates cash drawer, barcode scanner and receipt printer for your iPad register. You'll be able to process transactions through the station once it's inserted and the app is installed.
The Elo Touch is compatible with the Apple iPad 4, iPad Air and iPad Air 2. Interchangeable dock trays are included in the box.
This article will provide you:
- Set Up Instructions
- Testing The Printer
- Common Troubleshooting Steps
- Pairing The iCMP Card Reader (Elavon Customers)
The Elo Paypoint uses 2/4" Thermal Paper for receipts. Please see our receipt paper article for paper specifications used with all supported printers.
The barcode scanner is a 1D barcode scanner. It is compatible with most barcodes found on items with UPC and EAN codes. The scanner will emit a beep when scanning only if the volume on the iPad is not muted.
Because the scanner is integrated into the all-in-one unit, there is no way to disable the scanner.
|If you are experiencing issues with your Elo printer, cash drawer or barcode scanner becoming unresponsive or causing the application to freeze, this may be related to a current issue involving the Elo Touch firmware. Please see our article: Updating the Elo Touch Firmware Through The talech Register Application.|
1. To get the Elo station powered on, you'll connect the cord adapter into the base of the station and connect the plug into a power outlet.
2. Insert the iPad into the tray and make sure the it's firmly connected to the Lightning connector .
Also make sure the screw along the right of the station is screwed in for a snug fit.
3. To add paper, press the button to the right of the paper feed and it'll pop up. Then place the paper in and close the lid firmly.
4. To download the latest version compatible with the Elo station, tap on the "Safari" browser from the iPad desktop and go to "download.talech.com" . Tap on the "Download Now" button on the left and then "Install". Tap the iPad's Home button to see the latest version installing.
Testing the Printer
After installing, tap on the "Register" app and step through the login process. Once logged in, tap "Dashboard" on the top left. Then tap on “Back Office” ⇨ “Help” ⇨ “Elo Paypoint”. From there, tap on "Update" to have your Elo station's firmware updated (000.009.011). After restarting the app, unplug and re-plug the Elo station back in. This refreshes the system for the firmware and printer.
Once signed back in, tap on “Dasbboard” ⇨ “Back Office” ⇨ “Settings” ⇨ "Printers". Then tap on "Auto-detect" on the right. This should add the Elo printer as "talech station". Tap on "talech station" and then tap "Test Print" .
If receipts stop printing or the cash drawer doesn't pop open, do the following :
1. Make sure you're on a recent version of the talech Register, 4.1.12 or higher. To check the version : tap on "Dashboard" ⇨ “Back Office” ⇨ “Help” and check the version on the top right. If you aren't on the latest version, tap on "Update" for the install.
2. Go into settings again to check if the printer is active : Tap on “Dasbboard” ⇨ “Back Office” ⇨ “Settings” ⇨ "Printers". Then tap on "Auto-detect" and make sure it shows "talech station" as available. When the printer shows "Available" it'll be able to print and your cash drawer should pop open.
3. Restarting the Register app can improve printing, but make sure you have the Admin login and password. All saved orders will remain on the app. To restart, double-click the Home button on the iPad to show recently used apps. Place your finger on talech Register image and swipe up to close. Then sign back into the app to do a test print with an existing receipt or tap on "No Sale" to pop open the cash drawer. It's recommended to reboot the iPad by holding the Home button and off/on button on the iPad for about 10 seconds until it restarts. Make sure to have any iPad Pin password and Admin login password before rebooting.
4. Remove the iPad and re-set it into the stand, making sure it's firmly inserted. It has to have a good connection with the Lightning connector. Make sure the screw on the right side is snug, but not too tight.
5. Reboot the Elo station by unplugging it from the power outlet, waiting 10 second and plugging it back in. This can be done without turning the iPad off.
To test from the main register, do a test print with an existing receipt or tap on "No Sale" to pop open the cash drawer.
Pairing the Card Reader
If you are an Elavon or US Bank customer, transactions will be processed on an Ingenico card reader. Click on this link for steps on pairing the card reader. Pairing iCMP device
Additional troubleshooting :
- Unplug the ELO's power.
- Force close the app.
- Remove the iPad from the station and power cycle it.
- Plug the iPad back into the station making sure its securely screwed in.
- Access the app and test hardware.