talech is able to integrate Gift Cards with Fanfare and Synergy Inc
This integration will allow you to activate and charge gift cards through a supported card reader.
Fanfare gift cards are available to Elavon (U.S.) customers.
Synergy gift cards are available for Non-Elavon customers.
NOTE: talech (EU) does not integrate with synergy gift cards.
ALSO NOTE: If your current credit card reader is a Miura or Ingenico semi-integrated or non-integrated EMV-compatible reader, you may be required to purchase a secondary card reader such as the iDynamo as some EMV readers are not compatible with the mag-stripe implementation of private gift card programs such as those mentioned above.
To sell gift cards, you will need to create a gift card product which is different from a regular product.
- Creating gift card products
- Selling & activating gift cards
- Applying gift card payments
- Checking gift card balances
- From the register, go to Dashboard > Back Office > Menu
- Select Products and tap the + button (top right area)
- Tap Create a Gift Card.
- Enter a name and enter a dollar amount or leave it blank for a variable amount. Then select a category.
- Tap the Save Folder in the top right corner.
- From the Register view, find the gift card product and tap on it.
- Once the gift card is added, follow the regular order flow per usual.
- Once the order is closed, a window prompt will ask you to activate the card by swiping it through the reader or manually entering the card's number.
- From the payment view, tap on Gift.
- Enter the amount being paid.
- Swipe or manually enter the card's number.
- From the Dashboard view, go to Back Office > Gift Cards
- Tap Check Balance and swipe the card. You can also enter the card's number and tap the blue Check Balance button next to the number field.