talech offers a few gift card solutions: Fanfare, Synergy Inc, and talech Gift Cards. Regardless of your provider, this guide will walk you through how to use your gift cards within the register: creating a gift card, selling and activating cards and checking gift card balances.
- Fanfare gift cards are available to Elavon (U.S.) customers
- Synergy gift cards are available for Non-Elavon customers (US only)
- talech gift cards are available for non-Elavon customers in US and EU/UK
ALSO NOTE: If your current credit card reader is a Miura or Ingenico semi-integrated or non-integrated EMV-compatible reader, you may be required to purchase a secondary card reader such as the iDynamo as some EMV readers are not compatible with the mag-stripe implementation of private gift card programs such as those mentioned above.
To sell gift cards, you will need to create a gift card product which is different from a regular product.
- Creating gift card products
- Selling & activating gift cards
- Applying gift card payments
- Accepting gift card payments for Online Orders
- Checking gift card balances
- From the register, go to Dashboard > Back Office > Menu
- Select Products and tap the + button (top right area)
- Tap Create a Gift Card.
- Enter a name and enter a dollar amount or leave it blank for a variable amount. Then select a category.
- Tap the Save Folder in the top right corner.
- From the Register view, find the gift card product and tap on it.
- Once the gift card is added, follow the regular order flow per usual.
- Once the order is closed, a window prompt will ask you to activate the card by swiping it through the reader or manually entering the card's number.
- From the payment view, tap on Gift.
- Enter the amount being paid.
- Swipe or manually enter the card's number.
Your customers now have the ability to use talech gift cards for Online Orders. Below is an image showing the customer experience for using talech gift cards for Online Orders.
Please Note: To accept talech gift card payments it does require for Online Ordering to be enabled. As well as talech gift cards are the only compatible gift cards accepted.
- From the Dashboard view, go to Back Office > Gift Cards
- Tap Check Balance and swipe the card. You can also enter the card's number and tap the blue Check Balance button next to the number field.