The Socket 7Ci Barcode Scanner connects to the iPad via Bluetooth and uses rechargeable batteries. The scanner can read manufacturer bar codes and bar codes created through talech.
Setting up the Scanner
- Unlock the battery enclosure by turning the lock to a horizontal position with a thin coin.
- Insert the batteries that came with the scanner and lock the battery enclosure.
- Charge the scanner for 5 hours with the wall adapter charger. The light on the scanner will turn green once it's done.
Connecting the Scanner:
- Power the scanner on by holding the small power button above the scanner's silver logo.
- In the iPad’s Bluetooth settings, look for Socket CHS ###### under Other Devices and tap on it.
- Once the device says connected, open the register app and scan a bar code to make sure the device is working.
Unpairing the Scanner:
- While the scanner is powered on, hold down the Power button and Scan Trigger at the same time. The scanner should beep 4 times and turn off.
- Go to the iPad's Bluetooth settings and look for Socket CHS ######. It should say Not Connected.
- To the right of Not Connected, there should be a blue circle with an i. Tap on it and select Forget this Device.
Resetting the Scanner :
Reverts CHS back to factory default state. You can do this to remove a pairing or revert to the default Bluetooth device.
- Power on CHS.
- Press and hold down the Trigger button and momentarily press the Power button while still holding down the trigger button.
- After 15 seconds, the scanner will beep. Release the Trigger button.
- The scanner will beep 5 times and power off.
- The next time you power on the scanner, it will take longer than normal. After the scanner finishes powering on, it will have factory default settings.
For the factory reset, you can also scan the following :
Troubleshooting the Scanner:
If nothing is populating inside the talech app when the merchant scans a barcode, the scanner will need to be reconfigured by following the steps below."
Step 1: Scan the Factory Reset Barcode
Step 2: Scan the Basic Mode (HID)-Keyboard Barcode. This Barcode is found in the small manual that the Merchant receives with the Scanner.
Keyboard doesn’t appear.
Press the Power button twice on the Socket scanner for the keyboard to appear and press the button twice again to remove the keyboard. The power button is located above the silver logo.