The Socket CX2870-1409 Barcode Scanner connects to the iPad via bluetooth and uses rechargeable batteries. The scanner can read manufacturer bar codes and bar codes created through talech.
- Unlock the battery enclosure by turning the lock to a horizontal position with a thin coin.
- Insert the batteries that came with the scanner and lock the battery enclosure.
- Charge the scanner for 5 hours with the wall adapter charger. The light on the scanner will turn green once its done.
- Power the scanner on by holding the small power button above the scanner's silver logo.
- In the iPad’s bluetooth settings, look for Socket CHS ###### under Other Devices and tap on it.
- Once the device says connected, open the register app and scan a bar code to make sure the device is working.
- While the scanner is powered on, hold down the Power button and Scan Trigger at the same time. The scanner should beep 4 times and turn off.
- Go to the iPad's bluetooth settings and look for look for Socket CHS ######. It should say Not Connected.
- To the right of Not Connected, there should be a blue circle with an i. Tap on it and selct Forget this Device.