This article walks you through how to set up and connect your Miura device to the talech Register. Your Miura card reader supports swipe and EMV (chip & pin) payments. Contactless (e.g. Apple Pay) payments are not supported at this time.
Please Note: This reader is compatible with First Data, Chase, Heartland and TSYS only.
For printable instructions and order processing steps, click on this link: Miura Setup Guide.
Range: The Miura reader is a Bluetooth Class 1 device. As such the range for the device is approximately 328 feet (100 meters). Because Bluetooth is a radio technology, it is susceptible to environmental/radio interference which can reduce the usable range of the device.
Your Miura box should have the following contents:
- Miura Device (M007 or M010)
- Power Supply
Pairing talech with your Miura device
1. Turn the Miura device on to begin pairing process. Wait until the Miura Systems logo is displayed.
2. Press and hold the green “Check” button or “Bluetooth” button until Bluetooth sign flashes in upper lefthand corner of device screen. ***You must instantly release the Check or Bluetooth button when the light flashes. If you don't, the device will no longer be in pairing mode***
3. On the iPad, select the Miura device from the list of detected Bluetooth devices. The iPad should display a prompt with a passkey, and the same passkey should be displayed on the Miura device.
4. If the two passkeys are the same, press ‘Pair’ on the iPad and the green “Check” button on the Miura device. Once pairing is successful, the Miura device will appear as connected under “My Devices”.
1. Open talech Register and enter “Settings” in the “Back Office”.
2. Select “Miura M007 & M010” under “Card Reader”.
3. Select the correct “Terminal ID” on the list.
Your Miura card reader should be fully connected and ready to accept payments.
During the first transaction the app will attempt to send a TMS Update to the reader which contains special configuration parameters from the customers payment processor and gateway. If the error 'TMS Update Required' appears, a test transaction should complete this process automatically.
If you see a TMS UPDATE NOT CONFIGURED or if you have further questions on how to set up your Miura device, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here 24/7 to help you run your business better today.