This article walks you through how to set up and connect your Miura device to the talech Register. Your Miura card reader supports swipe, chip & pin and contactless (e.g. Apple Pay) payment methods.
Please Note: This reader is compatible with First Data, Chase, Heartland and TSYS only.
For printable instructions and order processing steps, click on this link: Miura Setup Guide.
Range: The Miura reader is a Bluetooth Class 1 device. As such the range for the device is approximately 328 feet (100 meters). Because Bluetooth is a radio technology, it is susceptible to environmental/radio interference which can reduce the usable range of the device.
Your Miura box should have the following contents:
- Miura Device (M007 or M010)
- Power Supply
Pairing talech with your Miura device
1. Turn the Miura device on to begin pairing process. Wait until the Miura Systems logo is displayed.
2. Press and hold the green “Check” button or “Bluetooth” button until Bluetooth sign flashes in upper lefthand corner of device screen. ***You must instantly release the Check or Bluetooth button when the light flashes. If you don't, the device will no longer be in pairing mode***
3. On the iPad, select the Miura device from the list of detected Bluetooth devices. The iPad should display a prompt with a passkey, and the same passkey should be displayed on the Miura device.
4. If the two passkeys are the same, press ‘Pair’ on the iPad and the green “Check” button on the Miura device. Once pairing is successful, the Miura device will appear as connected under “My Devices”.
1. Open talech Register and enter “Settings” in the “Back Office”.
2. Select “Miura M007 & M010” under “Card Reader”.
3. Select the correct “Terminal ID” on the list.
Your Miura card reader should be fully connected and ready accept payments. If you have further questions on how to set up your Miura device or questions relating to anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here 24/7 to help you run your business better today.
Troubleshooting the Bluetooth connection
If the bluetooth connection starts to drop or you get other errors affecting connectivity, you can perform a factory reset of the Miura. To do so :
The reset button is located towards the top of the reader, a small hole to the right of the power button.
- With a paper clip, push the reset button.
- On the menu that displays, select 3 for "Total Factory Reset".
- Confirm by pressing the Green checkmark key.
- This will process a factory reset and you'll follow the Device Setup steps from the start.
Once reconnected via bluetooth, you'll have to step through the TMS update again.