Overview: talech allows you to create custom order types to help track where revenue is being generated in your business. This article walks you through creating additional custom order types, that expand beyond the default Dine-in, To go, Delivery and Curbside.
Important to Know:
talech does not automatically integrate with 3rd party services such as Uber Eats, Doordash, etc. If you create these order types, you will still need to manually enter the orders from the other platform into talech.
To integrate with 3rd party services, you can view our partners at www.itsacheckmate.com
Benefits of doing double-entry are:
- More complete historical sales records
- Order type reports reflect which platforms are generating the most revenue
- Inventory accuracy
- You can apply Dine in or To Go tax behavior to each Order Type.
- You can choose which order type is the default. This setting is per iPad. (ex. If you have a drive-through window register, you can use "Drive Through" as the default order type without affecting other register defaults)
- Reports for Revenue by Order Type can be found in the Summary Report of talech Register, and at talech.com
To create a custom order type via talech Register:
Step 1: Login as an Admin and Navigate to Dashboard > Back Office > Settings > Order Types
Step 2: Tap the + button on the top right
Step 3: Fill out:
- Order type name (ex. Phone Order, Uber Eats, Doordash, etc)
- Choose a color for the order type (This helps to identify order types in the Order screen)
Step 4: Choose if this order type requires a Customer Name to be attached to the order to submit/complete an order
- Choose if a Table Number is required to submit/complete an order
- Choose if a Guest Count is required to submit/complete an order
Step 5: Tap Done when complete