talech allows you to create custom order types to help track where revenue is being generated in your business. This article will walk you through creating additional custom order types, that expand beyond the default Dine in, To go, and Delivery.
- You can apply Dine in or To Go tax behavior to each Order Type.
- You can choose which order type is default. This setting is per iPad. (ex. If you have a drive through window register, you can use "Drive Through" as the default order type without affecting other register defaults)
- Reports for Revenue by Order Type can be found in the Summary Report of talech Register, and at talech.com
To create a customer order type via talech Register:
- Login as an Admin and Navigate to Dashboard > Back Office > Settings > Order Types
- Tap the + button on the top right
- Fill out:
- Order type name (ex. Phone Order, Uber Eats, Door Dash, etc)
- Choose a color for the order type (This helps identifying order types in the Order screen)
- Choose if the this order type requires a Customer Name to be attached to the order to submit/complete an order
- Choose if a Table Number is required to submit/complete an order
- Choose if a Guest Count is required to submit/complete an order
- Tap Done when complete