Employee roles allow you to create a pre-defined set of permissions and pay rates for an employee type. These roles are shared across all locations of your business.
Supported account types (roles) are:
- Admin: full access to the talech app including talech.com.
- Manager: access to running sales, reports, cash drawer, refunds, discounts and hardware settings. This account has Permission features where you can grant or remove certain features for the account.
- User: access to running sales, adjusting tips and viewing their sales. This account has Permission features where you can grant or remove certain features for the account.
- Other: this account can only clock in and clock out of the talech app.
Employees can have more than one role assigned to them and can assigned to one or more locations.
For employees that require greater or lesser access than the default role, overrides can be placed to grant or revoke these permissions. These overrides are unique to the employee (for that role) at a specified location. Overrides can also be used to modify the pay rates for an employee performing a role at a specified location.
PLEASE NOTE: if you add or remove a role, you must upgrade all talech Registers to a version greater than 4.5.
For a full description of all permissions, read Employee Permissions.
Creating a role
Roles are predefined set of permissions that can be applied to as many employees as needed. To create a role:
1. Log in to talech.com. Navigate to Settings > Roles (on the left under Employees)
2. Click "+" button to add a new role.
3. Specify name, wage rate and permissions.
In most cases, users can retain a 4-digit PIN. However, a 6-digit PIN is required in the following cases:
- an employee has more than one role
- an employee has store admin access permission enabled
- an employee is assigned to more than one store
Using the Register
If a user only has one role, they will be automatically logged in to that role upon either signing in or clocking in.
If an employee has multiple roles, the employee can choose which role to use upon clocking in.
If an employee has a default role set (and that role does not require clock-in to access register), the employee will be automatically logged in as the default role upon signing in.