If you're planning to purchase an existing business which uses talech, typically you will sign up for talech through your Merchant Services Representative or with talech directly after purchasing your Merchant Services/credit card processor.
For customers who are signing with Elavon/US Bank or an Elavon partner:
- Sign-up for talech with your Merchant Services Rep. Be sure to ask for the specific service tier you intend to use (Starter, Standard, or Premium) as well as your preferences for accepting tips or your preferred automatic settlement time.
- Elavon automatically transmits your account to talech once approved.
All other customers:
- Sign-up with talech directly. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process.
- talech will discuss your needs and offer the service tiers that might work best for you.
- Once you've decided on your needed service tier, talech will complete your software agreement with you electronically.
- talech will email you your login and password once everything is ready.
- Login to talech.com to setup your products/menu, tax rate settings, employees, etc.
- Complete a training with Boomtown to learn all about your new point-of-sale.
- When ready to cut-over the account, tap 'Store Logout' on all iPads, then sign into the app with your specific username and password.
Some data can be copied from the previous owners account by email request from either your sales representative or request of the previous owner. talech can clone the:
- Tax rates
All other settings and data including historic sales reports is non-transferrable.