Please Note: The iCT250 is a networked payment device currently deployed for customers processing through Chase in the US. This guide pertains to the Chase implementation. For Elavon Canada, please see the guide here.
This reader supports swipe, chip, and contactless (e.g. Apple Pay) payment methods.
Customers who receive an iCT250 directly from chase (The iCT250 will have a Chase logo above the screen) will need to contact Chase Terminal support to have the file downloaded -or- if the customer purchased a terminal from talech, they should wait until it arrives as the Chase terminal will not be configured for use in semi-integration mode.
*Featured Disabled message appears when you reach step 2 if the correct file has not been downloaded.
If your business accepts tips:
This reader will ask the customer to apply the tip on the reader before confirming the final amount. The final amount cannot be changed after a transaction is completed.
Note: Automatic settlement is enabled on this device by default. Check to make sure your automatic settlement is set to a time after your business is closed. Here are the steps to check:
- Enter Admin Menu by pressing #
- Select option 3 for "Setup"
- Next Select option 5 for "TransOptions"
- Choose option 4 for "Settlement"
- Next Select option 6 for "AutoSettle"
- Set the time you want your settlement to batch.
- Set the time in 24 hour clock mode.
- EX: 1PM is 1300.
Unpack the reader:
Begin by connecting the iCT250 to power and ethernet using the included power and ethernet adapters. Once the iCT250 is turned on and connected, you'll step through the menu to select some initial settings. To start:
The following should be included in the box for the iCT250:
Load paper and connect the cables:
Insert paper roll
Connect ethernet cable and power supply to the Magic Box.
Connect the Magic Box to the reader
Power up the reader for the first time:
|Once powered up, the 'Admin' menu is accessed by pressing the # button on the reader's keypad.|
Confirm the reader's Ethernet communication settings:
*Note* The default admin password is P123456. (To input a 'P,' press 7 then F.) Press the green key to accept the password.
- Press the "#" button for the Admin Menu
- Select 3 for "Setup Menu"
- Select 2 for "Communications"
- Select 3 for "Ethernet"
- Select 2 for "Ethernet Setup"
- Select 1 for "Dynamic IP"
- Select "Host Port1" and verify it's set to 443
Important: If "Host Port1" is incorrect, press the yellow button to clear the value, then enter 443. Press the green button to accept the change.
- Press the Red button to return to the "Ethernet Menu"
- Select 1 for "Current Setup", then write down the IP number following "IP address:"
- Press the red button 4 times to return to the main Admin Menu.
Set the reader for semi-integrated mode:
- From the "Admin menu", select 9 for "Misc. Options"
- Select 1 for "Semi-Integrated"
- Select 1 for "Enable SemiInteg"
- Select the "On" option
- Press the Red button to go back to the previous screen
Set the Communications port for talech:
Configure receipt printing option:
Connect with the iCT250 in talech:
Your iCT Terminal should now be fully connected and ready to accept payments.
Leaving Semi-Integrated Mode:
Pressing F1 when the reader is idle will prompt to leave "Semi-Integrated" mode. By leaving "Semi-Integrated" mode, the iCT250 will function as a standalone terminal and will therefore not respond to the talech Register application.
If you have entered Standalone Mode, press the F1 key on the 'Welcome' screen to return to Semi-Integrated Mode.