There are several types of discounts that can be applied in talech.
Depending on the permission level granted to each employee, may affect how discounts can be applied.
There are 3 basic discount types:
- Line Item Discount
- Manual Discounts
- Automatic Discounts
Line Item discounts are used when you need to discount a specific items in an order.
Line items can be discounted by percentage or dollar amount. To perform a Line Item discount:
- Within the order, tap on the item(s) that require a discount
- When the edit panel appears, choose the type of discount
(between percentage (%) or dollar ($) amount)
**Please Note** This option will be grayed out if the employee does not have discount permissions enabled
- Enter the discount percent or dollar value
Manual discount are applied from the Discount tab in the navigation bar. To apply a Manual discount:
- Within an order, tap the Discounts tab from the Navigation Bar
**Please Note** Employees that do not have discount permissions enabled will not have Discounts listed in the navigation bar
- Choose the discount(s) you wish to apply to the order
**Please Note** Certain discounts may require Manager/Admin approval to apply
Automatic discounts are automatically applied to the order when applicable. There are no manager approvals necessary for automatic discounts.