The article will guide you through understanding Applying Discounts Feature, which is available to view on the talech register app.
There are several types of discounts that can be applied in talech. Depending on the permission level granted to each employee, may affect how discounts can be applied.
There are 3 basic discount types:
- Line Item Discount
- Manual Discounts
- Automatic Discounts
Line Item Discounts
Line Item discounts are used when you need to discount a specific item in an order.
Line items can be discounted by percentage or dollar amount.
Applying a line item discount:
1. Within the order, tap on the item(s) that require a discount.
2. When the edit panel appears, choose the type of discount between percentage (%) or dollar ($) amount.
3. Enter the discount percent or dollar value.
Note: This option will be grayed out if the employee does not have discount permissions enabled.
Manual discounts are applied from the 'Discount' tab in the navigation bar.
To apply a Manual discount:
1. When you have an order open tap the 'Discounts' tab from the Navigation Bar.
2. Choose the discount(s) you wish to apply to the order.
- Certain discounts may require Manager/Admin approval to apply.
- Employees that do not have discount permissions enabled will not have Discounts listed in the navigation bar.
Automatic Discounts are automatically applied to the order when applicable. There are no manager approvals necessary for automatic discounts.
These discounts are created in the back office section, you can learn more about creating order discounts here: Creating Order Discounts.