Introduction: This article will walk you through Refunding a Payment and Re-Opening an Order through talech Register.
Important to Know
- Retail Accounts can load previous days' transactions from talech register go to Orders > Closed view up to a few thousand.
- Restaurant accounts can only see the current business day orders.
Refunding a payment: Is useful when a customer pays with the wrong credit card or tender type, or would simply like to request a refund for the purchase.
Example: Customer paid with his personal card instead of a corporate card or the customer Paid cash, then decided they wanted to charge it to their personal card.
Reopening an order: This is useful when you need to make an adjustment to an order After it's been paid for. Reopening an order will move the order from Closed back to Open orders. This way you do not need to process a return, then recreate the order. You can make adjustments, then reprocess the payments.
Example: You closed the order but forgot to add/remove an item from the bill. The order is closed and a discount was not applied
How to Refund a payment and Reopen an order:
Step 1: Go to Orders > Closed and select the order that needs the payment refunded
Step 2: Tap Refund Payments
Step 3: Choose the Payment(s) to be refunded, then tap Next
Step 4: Tap Refund to confirm
Step 5: The order is now moved to the Open Order tab
Step 6: Recall the order to:
- Tender a different payment type
- Apply a missing discount
- Add/Remove missing items from the order
Refunding a Partial Payment:
If an order has received a portion of the bill but is not paid in full, you can refund the payment.
To do this:
Step 1: Open the partially paid order under Orders > Open
Step 2: Tap to open the order
Step 3: At the bottom of the order, there will be a Payments section itemizing the current payments for the order
Step 4: Swipe left on the payment type you wish to refund
Step 5: Tap Refund to confirm
- Refunding payments may affect customer's reporting please refer to the article below for more information: Refunds are not appearing on right side of the Summary Report
- When refunding a Gift Payment it will appear as cash on the reports.