Introduction: This guide covers how to Return, Exchange or offer Store Credit in talech Register.
Before you get started, make sure that you have the following:
- You have the email address and password, or 6 digit PIN, to log into the account.
- Please make sure you are the Admin or Owner on the account.
- Please see the Login page for more information.
How to Return an item in talech Register:
Step 1: Go to Orders > Closed and search for the:
- Order Number
- Customer Name from a customer profile
- Last 4 Digits of a credit card associated with the order
- First or Last name on a credit card associated with the order
Step 2: Tap the Closed order to open it
Step 3: Select Return Items option (Depending on employee permissions, this may require an admin/manager approval before proceeding)
Step 4: Select the item(s) being returned
- For items with multiple quantities, you can adjust the quantity being returned by tapping on the quantity box.
Step 5: Tap Next and choose between Refund, Store Credit, and Exchange.
- Refund will be provide the customer the dollar amount being returned in the original payment method
- Store Credit will print a receipt with a unique barcode for the amount being returned. If there is a customer profile in the database, the store credit will also be applied to the customer profile.
- Exchanges place a negative balance in the register, and allow you to ring up a different item. The new item value can be lower than, equal to, or greater than. This will result a partial refund amount, a zero balance refund, or the customer can pay the difference if the new item is more expensive.
Note : Retail accounts can load previous days transactions from the Orders > Closed view up to a few thousand. Restaurant accounts can only see the current business days orders.