The Edit Button in talech offers advanced way to edit an order.
Below is an explanation of what each button does in talech Register
|Split & Merge (Premium Required)||Allows you to select individual item(s) from an order and apply them to another open order or start a new order with the selected items.
Ex: If you are picking up a check for a friend, that's on a separate bill/tab.
|Repeat & Send||Allows you to select individual items(s) to be automatically duplicated on the order ticket, and automatically sent to the remote printer.
Ex: If a customer would like another round of drinks, you can use Repeat & Send instead of scrolling through the Register to add the items, then send them.
|Repeat||Allows you to select individual items(s) that need to be re-ordered, but not sent to a remote printer.
Ex: You are printing the bill for a customer and realize that you have not attached the second drink they ordered.
|Delete||Allows you to select individual items(s) to remove from the order. Using the bulk edit can be faster than deleting items individually.
Ex: If there are multiple items that need to be removed from a larger order, you can select just the items all at once and delete them. You will not need to swipe each item to the left, and confirm the delete.
|Send / Resend||Allows you to select individual items(s) to send or resend to the kitchen.
Send example: If you have multiple items to send to the kitchen, but do NOT want to send an entire category at once.
Resend example: If an item was sent to the kitchen, but they never received it, you can resend the order without double billing the customer
|Set Position (Premium Required)||Allows you to select individual items(s) to group and assign to a table position. Select the items, and choose the positions to set. This can also be done by dragging and dropping in the register.|
|Set Course (Premium Required)||Allows you to select individual items(s) to group and assign to a Course. Select the items, and choose the positions to set. This can also be done by dragging and dropping in the register.
Ex: If you need to send an appetizer as an entree, you may group the appetizer with the rest of the entrees.
|Service Charges|| Will allow you to select a non-automated Service Charge to attach to the bill. Service charge rules will need to be configured prior to applying it to the order.
**Please note** Automatic Service Charges will not be applied if they do not meet the preset requirements.
Batch Edit for products:
1. While in an open order, select the "Edit" button in the bottom left. It is right above "Pay" button and has a pencil right above it.
2. The actions mentioned in the table above will appear. Select your desired action.
3. The products can now be selected for the desired action. Once selected, the product will have a blue checkmark on the right. There is also a "Select All" button in the top right corner.
4. Once your items are selected, the top right corner will have the action selected. For instance if you were looking to send an item that failed to send to the print, it will say "Send."
Batch Edit for Position and Courses:
You can also use the batch edit feature for positions and courses
1. While in an open order that contains positions or courses, select what needs to be edited.
2. The position/course will be lightly highlighted and there will be a blue pencil icon on the right hand side. Press the pencil.
3. From here you can delete, split to a new order, send/resend, or jump to the payment screen (Position only).