If more than one TSP650 are installed close together, the printers must be renamed to prevent accidentally mixing up printers between iPads.
To rename the printer follow the steps below. Repeat these steps for each iPad/printer pair.
- First, download the Star Bluetooth Utility from the AppStore
- Force-close the talech app
- Unpair any TSP650 printers from any iPad they are paired with
- Turn off all TSP650 printers except the one you are working on
- Ensure the printer you will be working with is paired to the iPad you are currently using
- Launch the Star Utility app
- Select the printer then ensure the 'Auto Connect' option is enabled
- Tap on 'iOS Port Name' and change the value to something meaningful i.e.: "ReceiptPrinter1"
- Tap on 'Done'
- Unpair and re-pair the printer in iOS
- Force-close the Star Utility application (the app must be closed before talech can detect the printer).
- Auto-detect the printer in the talech Register
- If the printer is now detected successfully, delete the Star Utility to prevent accidentally launching it in the future as the utility can block the talech app from using the printer while it is open, even in the background.