Editing roles or employees is very simple in talech. If you're setting up your account for the first time, you may wish to familiarize yourself with how to create roles and employees.
Please note: talech Starter is limited to 5 employees per account. talech Standard and Premium do not have a limit.
Editing a role
1. Log in to talech.com. Navigate to Settings > Roles
2. Click on a role to bring up the role detail view.
3. Change the role name, default wage rates and permissions. Add or remove permissions by selecting or deselecting check box next to permission name. If you need an explanation of a permission, here is a full list.
4. Click Save
5. You will be asked whether you would like to save changes to the role only, push changes to all employees, or overwrite all employees with this role.
- Save changes to role only does not update existing employees
- Apply these changes to all employees updates ONLY the changes to the role and preserves all overrides.
- Apply role to all employee resets all employees with this role to the permission set you are saving.
Editing an employee
1. Log in to talech.com. Navigate to Settings > Employees.
2. Click on an employee to show the employee detail page.
3. Change employee profile or associated roles. Click save.
Troubleshooting Employee Roles
If employee permissions are not applying properly for an employee role check the following:
1. Have the employee attempt to clock out.
2. Check for an error message.
3. If there is an error the employee needs to be clocked out, this can be done by deleting the clock in on the timesheets online.
4. After the clock in is deleted have the employee try logging in to test the permissions.