Introduction: This article will guide you through understanding the use and benefits of Employee Access Cards.
Overview: Employee access cards can be used for PIN entry rather than tapping in the PIN via touchscreen. Access card are available for all employees and can be used where a PIN is required input, such as approval for voids, refunds, or transferring orders.
Step 1: Printing Access Cards.
You will need to work with a plastic card provider to create your access cards. If you do not have an existing relationship with a provider, please contact our support team for our preferred vendor list.
Each card Must conform to the following specifications:
- Track 2 encoding (unencrypted)
- 4-digit or 6-digit number
- PIN number printed on back (optional)
Step 2: Ensure you have a swipe capable reader.
Step 3: Enabling secondary swiper on the register.
To enable a secondary swiper on your iPad, navigate to Back Office > Settings > General. Under the Register section:
a. Toggle on "Allow swipe for PIN entry."
b. Next "Card Reader for Gift/Loyalty/ID cards"
Choose the appropriate type of swiper from the list. For aDynamo swipers, select Magtek uDynamo (Audio Jack).
Please note, enabling feature may activate your reader for long periods of time. Please make sure your iPad is connected to a power source to prevent battery drain.
Step 4: Associate card with employee.
If the employee already has a PIN and the employee card matches the PIN, there is no need to associate the card with the employee.
If you are issuing a card to the employee for the first time or issuing a new PIN to the employee, adding the card to the employee profile is easy.
1. Navigate to their employee profile in Back Office > Employees in the talech register.
2. Tap on an Employee to bring up their Employee detail screen.
3. If you have correctly set up your swiper, you will see "Please swipe Card" below the PIN entry field. If you do not see this, please return to Step 3. If you continue to have issues, please contact our support team.
4. Swipe the card to associate the card with that employee
Step 5: (optional) Require swipe as input
If you want your employees to only use their access cards, select the "Require Swipe for PIN" permission on their employee profile.