talech distinguishes between employees and the role they perform. To add an employee to your account, you will need to:
- create an employee record
- assign a pre-existing role to that employee or create and apply a custom role
An employee can have one or more roles at one or more locations. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: talech Starter is limited to 5 employees per account. talech Standard and Premium do not have a limit.
Creating a role
Roles are predefined set of permissions that can be applied to as many employees as needed. To create a role:
1. Log in to talech.com. Navigate to Settings > Roles
2. Click "+" button to add a new role.
3. Specify name, wage rate and permissions.
4. Click Save
Creating an employee
1. Navigate to Settings > Employees
2. Click + button to add a new employee
3. Add name, PIN and other relevant information
Assigning a role
1. Click Roles on employee detail page. If you have multiple locations, you can switch between locations by using the dropdown menu above the list of roles.
2. Assign role by clicking on the check mark. More than one selection can be made.
3. Set the default role. You can choose which role to set as "default." A default role is the permission set used if the user signs in to the register without clocking in first. NOTE: if "require clock-in to access register" permission is set for default role, user will be required to clock-in to register.
If you wish to add or remove permissions for an employee, learn how to apply overrides.
If you have multiple locations, you can assign employees to as many stores as needed. To assign an employee to multiple locations:
1. Navigate to talech.com > Settings > Employees.
2. Select the employee you wish to edit.
3. Click on Roles
4. Use dropdown menu to select which stores you wish to add that employee to.
5. Choose role(s) you would like that employee to have
NOTE: Overrides are per employee per store so any overrides at one store will not carry over to any other location.
6. Click Save.