Managing your Menu can be all be done through the talech application. Starting from the Register, head to Dashboard > Back Office > Menu.
Note: You must be an Admin or Owner in order to make changes to the Menu.
Navigating the Menu
There are 5 sections to the Menu.
- Products - This section will show all created product tiles
- Discounts - Discounts are preset discount amounts that can be set up to activate when you want. They can be controlled via categories, tags, and can set up to automatically trigger
- Tags - Tags are an option feature which allow you to group similar products across categories. Tags are used in Discounts, kitchen ticket printing, and reporting
- Modifiers - Modifiers are in addition to your existing products. There are Variations, Add-ons, and Exclusions.
- Categories - Categories are how you want to classify your items. Putting products together that are alike is typically best practice.
Depending on the section, there are multiple tools that can be used to manage the menu. These tools are always found in the top right corner.
To Search for a product, press the magnifying glass icon . This is useful if you need know the exact product you need to edit.
To Sort your products and categories, press this icon Sort Manual allows you to manually override the order of your products (see next section on how to rearrange products). Sort Alphabetically will automatically rearrange your menu in alphabetical order. Filter Options will show you your active, hidden, or all products. (This is only in the Menu section. Products in the Register will only show Active products).
To Rearrange your products or categories, press this icon . There is a different behavior for Products and Categories
- For Products, the tiles will start shaking. While they are shaking, you can drag and drop to their desired location. Press Done to save the changes.
- For Categories, you can drag and drop by using the following icon . It is found on the right side of every category. Press Done to save the changes.
To Create a new option, press the + button . This will prompt a dialogue for whatever section you are currently in. For example, if you are in the Tag section, pressing the + button will prompt to create a new tag.
To refresh the menu, press this icon . This will sync to the cloud and verify that the Menu is up to date. This is a useful tool if menu items were added on a separate device or the website.