This article will guide you through 2 locations where you can attach a Customer Profile to an order.
- In an open order.
- In the 'Closed' section after the transaction has been finalized.
Note: Retail accounts can load previous days' transactions from the 'Orders' > 'Closed' view up to a few thousand. Restaurant accounts can only see the current business days' orders.
Attaching a Customer to an Open Order
1. After you create an order, tap the 'Order' button in the bottom left corner.
2. This will prompt the open order where you can make adjustments.
3. Near the top of the screen, there is an open field labeled 'Customer'.
4. Tap this area and a keyboard will appear. Enter in the Customer's name and select the correct option.
If there are no results are found, press 'Add Customer' to create a customer profile.
Note: Adding a customer profile is not required to complete a transaction. This is an optional feature used to track customer data.
Attaching to a Closed Order
Once an order has been closed you can still attach a customer from the Closed Order Screen, even if a customer hasn't been added during the order creation flow.
1. Open to the order management page on the talech register.
2. Then press 'Closed' at the top of the screen.
3. Select the appropriate closed order and you will notice the 'Customer' field.
4. Tap the order to open it and enter the appropriate customer information in the blank 'Customer' box.
Note: There is employee permission for Users that blocks this feature. For more information on employee permissions, click here.