Before you begin, please be aware that third-party integrations are only available for users with talech Standard or higher.
1. To begin connecting Xero Accounting to talech POS, sign into your talech account at https://www.talech.com/ and navigate to Settings > Apps > Xero.
2. Click on Connect Now. You will be redirected to Xero's website to sign in and grant talech access to your Xero data. You can revoke this authorization at any point by going to Add-ons in your Xero Settings.
3. After authenticating, you will be returned to talech.com to resume the setup process. When you are ready to begin, click the > button to advance through the configuration pages.
4. Choose whether the data from talech should be imported as Invoices or Manual Journal entries. Please consult with your accounting professional for the correct approach that fits your requirements.
5. At this stage, the revenue fields from talech can be mapped to their appropriate accounts within your Xero chart of accounts. You can optionally map individual talech product categories or tags into unique accounts on the Xero end. If necessary, you can create new ledger account directly from this screen by choosing Add new account from the dropdown menu.
6. Next, choose which Xero accounts the payments from talech should be imported into. You can optionally map credit card payments by card type.
7. The daily sync will take place at the end of your talech business day. If you would like to make changes to the sync time, navigate to talech.com > Settings > Business Info and adjust the Daily Report Cutoff Time setting.
8. Choose a date range (up to 30 days) to perform your initial sync, and click the Sync button to begin.
9. Congratulations! You have successfully connected talech to Xero Accounting. After the initial sync, your sales and payment data will continue to sync automatically on a daily basis. To review the status of the connection and to diagnose any issues, select View Sync Logs from the Xero landing page.
Troubleshooting / FAQs
Q: I'm not seeing all/any of my Xero accounts during the payment mapping flow.
A: From your Xero Chart of Accounts, ensure that the account has payments enabled.