The talech Quickbooks integration tool imports payment, and revenue information from talech to Quickbooks, in the form of invoices.
We highly recommend that you have proficient knowledge in working with Quickbooks invoices and depositing payments from undeposited funds, before using the integration tool. Please contact Intuit support or your dedicated CPA for any assistance with Quickbooks.
Note: The Quickbooks integration tool is for Quickbooks desktop versions on Windows PC only.
Please note: Support for this plugin has been discontinued by the third party integrator. At this time, no future updates are planned to this plugin. Please use at your own risk.
How the integration tool imports data
The integration tool will create an invoice in Quickbooks and apply for all revenue information and payments in the form of service items.
The invoices created depends on the Import Daily Report option, in the integrations settings.
Import Daily Report Checked
- Each day will be summarized into one invoice
- Each invoice will have the day as an invoice number ie: 10/02/2018 = 10022018
- The revenue information is based on the total revenue info in the summary report
- Payments imported are aggregated based on payment type for the entire day
Import Daily Report Unchecked
- Each receipt in talech will be an invoice in Quickbooks
- The Invoice number will be the same as the talech receipt number
- Products sold will be listed as comments in the default item
What is imported with the integration tool:
Revenue Information imported
Daily import enabled
Daily import disabled
Please note: At the moment the integration tool is only able to import the information listed above, customers, or inventory syncing does not sync over to Quickbooks.
We recommend using talech.com for any additional information regarding your sales such as:
- Products sold
- Discounts used
- Customer information
- Employee data
Installing / Updating Plugin
- Download the plugin here
- Extract the talechQB.zip file into a known location. (Right click + Extract)
- Click on the talechQB.exe file
- Select Yes to allow installation to run
- Click on Next and follow the prompts till you see Finish
Note: If you are on Windows 10, you may receive a security screen like the one below. You will need to allow the talechQB.exe to run.
- Press the more info button
- Then press allow run
Note the installation may be running in the background after the last step. Click on the shield in the taskbar to allow it to run
After the installation
- Open Quickbooks as an administrator
(Right-click on Quickbooks, and then select run as administrator)
- Agree to the certificate to the plugin
Note: if you have already installed the plugin before, you may not see this prompt
- Verify that you have the right version plugin by viewing the about settings for the talech Quickbooks integration plugin
To find the about option
- Click on Company
- talech Quickbooks integration
- Click on About
- The version should read 1.0.4
Configure the integration tool
After the integration tool has been installed, you will need to configure the tool map the talech fields for your invoices to received data.
To find the Integration settings
- Click company
- Select talech Quickbooks Integration tool
- Click on Settings
Update the tool with your talech login information
The integration tool will need to access your talech account.
- Enter your talech username and password to allow the tool to access your talech account.
- Click on authenticate and select OK on the success screen
Note: Make sure that the login information inputted has access to your talech.com account.
Please view the Editing Employees and Roles Article for help with permissions
Set the Bank Account
The bank account is the default account that is used when refunds are imported from talech.com. Each refund from a return item will automatically subtract from the selected bank account at the time of import.
We recommend creating a dedicated bank account for the talech register, to avoid affecting your current active accounts. At least until you are comfortable with the configuration
To create a bank account
- Chart of accounts
- Select the Bank option
- Select Continue
- Enter name IE: talech account
- click on Save & Cose
- Select no on enter bank feed prompt
After the bank account has been created, the settings option will list the bank account in the drop-down menu
Select a default customer
Choose a customer that you want to default to when a there is no customer in the imported talech, or downloading the full revenue for the entire day.
Note: The integration tool, will not create customers on your Quickbooks account when importing. You will need to have your customers already inputted in your Quickbooks, in order for the invoice to have the customer’s name on the invoice.
To create a customer on your Quickbooks to default payments
- Customer Center
- New customer & job
- New customer
- Name the customer ie: talech register
- Select tax settings
- Click on tax code and delete any tax item and tax code
Note Deleting Tax Code:
Since the plugin imports all taxes collected as a service item in the invoice. Any default taxes applied to the invoice will affect the total due on the invoice and may result in taxes recorded twice
Map Service Items
Service items are used to map the ( Default Item, Tax item, Tip Item, Gratuity Item, And Net Gift Card). These service items will be used on each invoice imported to represent what was collected in talech.
Create and select a service item that represents each field imported from talech. The table below explains how each field will be imported based on the daily import setting
Daily Import Checked
Daily Import Unchecked
Default Item (Service item)
Total net revenue
Subtotal per receipt
Tax Item (Service item, or sales tax item)
Total taxes collected
Total taxes per receipt
Tip Item (Service item)
Total tips collected
Total tips collected per receipt
Gratuity Item (Service item)
Total Gratuity collected
Total gratuity collected per receipt
Net Gift Card (Service item)
Total gift card value sold and redeemed
Total gift card value sold and redeemed
To create a service item
- Click on list
- Item list
- Then select item then new
- Select Service for the type field
- Fill Item name/number: ie talech Revenue
- Select an account to tie in this service item
Note: You can also create a separate account by clicking on new.
- Select a tax code that is not taxed, or enter tax rate 0.00
Note: Adding a tax rate to the service item will record taxes twice. taxes are imported into their own service item or tax item
- Click OK to save
Create Tax Item
You can also use a sales tax item to map your total taxes to the invoices.The integration tool will use the tax collected to import the total taxes collected.
Note: If you are using a tax item to import your taxes, avoid having this tax item as the default tax item for the customer used.
To create a sales tax item
- Follow same steps above to create a new item
- Select Sales Tax Item for the type option
- Fill the Sales Tax Name ie taxes talech
- Leave rate at 0.0%
- Select a tax agency
Note: use the <Add New> to create a new tax agency
Once all the list items are created, map the items in the talech QuickBooks integration tool
Importing talech Data
Use the import option to import data from the plugin.
Note: The plugin is only able to create invoices and apply payments to open invoices. This will not be able to adjust invoices. To avoid any issues, avoid importing the same day more than once.
To import data
- Click on Company
- Click on talech Quickbooks integration tool
- Select import invoices
- Select a start date (from) and select an end date (to)
- Select import
- Wait for the complete message
After the import is complete, you can scroll up the import box to view any errors. Errors will be listed in red