Quick Cash is a new feature in talech version 4.6.1. It is designed for almost instant cash payments from the register, without the need to view the Tender Screen. This will most commonly be used in fast paced bars or other businesses which primarily deal with Cash payments.
Enabling Quick Cash:
- Log in as an Admin level employee and go to Dashboard > Back Office > Settings > General
- Scroll to the Payment Subsection (on the right)
- Select Quick Cash
- Select Enable
- Choose between:
- Dynamic Amounts : The Quick Cash Values will adjust based on the Order Total.
- Fixed Amounts: These are manually set and never change. You can have up to 3 selections that always prompt regardless of the order total
Using Quick Cash:
While in the register, after you create a new order, the Normal Pay button will be replaced with the Quick Cash Values along with a smaller Pay button. Pressing Pay will have the same behavior as before. However selecting one of the Quick Cash will complete the following:
- Process a Cash Payment for the Quick Cash Value Selected
- Bypass the Tender Screen and will prompt the different Receipt Options
Q: What if I do not have a cash drawer shift open?
A: If Cash Drawer Management is enabled, then an Open Cash Drawer shift is required to use Quick Cash.
Q: How are the Dynamic Amounts Calculated?
A: The Dynamic Amounts will use the most common bills / bill combinations. The first value will always round up to the nearest dollar value. The other 2 options will be the next most common bills. Ex: If order total is $7.50, the three Quick Cash Amounts will be $8, $10, and $20.
Q: Is the Setting Register Specific?
A: Yes, the Quick Cash Setting is Register Specific. This means you can have one iPad with the setting enabled, and another iPad having the setting disabled.