Before you begin, please be aware that third-party integrations are only available for users with talech Standard or higher.
1. To begin connecting QuickBooks Accounting to talech POS, sign into your talech account at https://www.talech.com/ and navigate to Settings > Apps > QuickBooks.
2. Click on Connect Now. You will be redirected to QuickBooks' website to sign in and grant talech access to your QuickBooks data. You can revoke this authorization at any point by going to Add-ons in your QuickBooks Settings.
3. After authenticating, you will be returned to talech.com to resume the setup process. When you are ready to begin, click the > button to advance through the configuration pages.
4. If you are set up as a multi-store location choose whether the data from talech should be combined when imported (Simple) or separately for each location (Advanced). Please consult with your accounting professional for the correct approach that fits your requirements.
5. Choose whether the data from talech should be imported as Invoices or Manual Journal entries. Please consult with your accounting professional for the correct approach that fits your requirements.
6. At this stage, the revenue fields from talech can be mapped to their appropriate accounts within your QuickBooks chart of accounts. You can optionally map individual talech product categories or tags into unique accounts on the QuickBooks end. If necessary, you can create new ledger account directly from this screen by choosing Add new account from the dropdown menu.
7. Next, choose which QuickBooks accounts the payments from talech should be imported into. You can optionally map credit card payments by card type.
8. The daily sync will take place at the end of your talech business day. If you would like to make changes to the sync time, navigate to talech.com > Settings > Business Info and adjust the Daily Report Cutoff Time setting.
9. Choose a date range (up to 5 days) to perform your initial sync, and click the Sync button to begin.
10. Congratulations! You have successfully connected talech to QuickBooks Accounting. After the initial sync, your sales and payment data will continue to sync automatically on a daily basis. To review the status of the connection and to diagnose any issues, select View Sync Logs from the QuickBooks landing page.