This article will provide important details on how you as a customer can upload talech Gift Cards.
Click here to download the template for Uploading Gift Cards into the talech system. Below you can reference additional details for talech Gift Cards.
Explanation of Columns:
- Card Number (Card No): Accepts a 16-19 digit Gift Card number
- Balance (Balance): The existing balance of the Gift Card. Do not leave cells blank. Enter 0 for a gift card with no existing balance.
- Status (Card Status): accepted values are New, Activated, Deactivated
- Type (Card Type): Fixed, Hybrid, or Reloadable
- Issuance Type (Card Issuance Mode): Standard, Promotional
- Card Expiration Date (MM/YY)(card Exp Date): must be formatted in MM/YY. 01/35 will work. 1/35 will fail.
- Require PIN (require a PIN): Yes or No
Important to Know:
- Card Expiration Date value must be bigger than current month + year
- Balance value with dot (0.25 not 0,25)
- Max 1000 entries per upload, others will be ignored
- Do not format the Card Expiration Date column as a Date. Make sure to format it as text.
Glossary of Terms:
Fixed: use this for fixed amount gift cards. (like if the customer orders cards that have a dollar value printed on them.) Once all value is depleted, a gift card cannot be reloaded or re-used.
Hybrid: use this for combo gift cards+loyalty cards
Reloadable: gift cards can be reloaded.
Standard: normal gift card that is purchased at the counter.
Promotional: used for promo gift cards, like giveaways, manager comps, etc.