Overview: This article provides guidance on what needs to be corrected if there is an Error on the Menu Upload.
Color Coded Guide:
- Red = Error
- Blue = Hints/Notes
- Green = Fix
Note: If the Merchant does not have the option to download the error sheet, but says "File Error Upload" This means the file is in the Incorrect format.
Important to Know:
- It must be in the template below, NOTHING more. It must contain all of the same tabs at the bottom as well.
- Also ensure none of the columns, in either tab, were rearranged or edited in any way.
Menu Upload Errors:
1. Product exists with same barcode. Please select another:
Meaning: There are one or more products, either on the spreadsheet or already on the website, containing the same barcode.
Fix: Either send error file to the customer and ask them to change the barcode themselves, or send the file and ask them to provide new barcodes for those products so we can do it.
2. Item Name Exists:
Meaning: There are one of more products that have the same Product Name. Talech does not allow for duplicate names.
Fix: Change product name(s) so it is slightly different, or see if you can add variations for them. Maybe they are the same product, but different sizes, different colors, etc.
HINT: If the names HAVE to be the same, you can trick the system and input a period at the end of the name and it will differentiate it. If there are more than 2 of the same name, you can add as many periods to the end of the name as you want to make them different.
3. Sku Number Exists:
Meaning: There are one or more products that have the same Item Number.
Fix: Send file to customer and inform them of this error. They will either provide new item number(s) or will do it themselves.
4. Duplicated Modifier Name:
Meaning: That specific modifier name is already inputted in the system, either on the spreadsheet or on the website.
Fix: Change modifier name.
Hint: Even if the modifier name is already there, if you add more options to that modifier(s), they will still be added to it.
5. Modifier Option does not exist If this is shown in the Modifier Pricing tab:
Meaning: There is a spelling/capitalization error between what is shown in the Modifier Pricing tab and what is shown in the Modifiers tab.
Hint: In this case, it always has to do with Modifiers.
Fix: Match the names. It can either be the misspelling or incorrect capitalization of the Modifier Name OR the Option.
- Example: Modifier Pricing tab shows “Size Upgrade” as the Modifier Name….Modifiers tab shows “Size upgrade” as the Modifier Name.
- Example: Modifier Pricing tab shows “Size Upgrade” as the Modifier Name....Modifiers tab shows “Drink Add-ons” as the Modifier Name.
- Example: Modifier Pricing tab shows “Upgrade to 24oz” as the Option….Modifiers tab shows “Upgrade to 24o” as the Option.
If this is shown in the Product tab:
Meaning: There is a spelling/capitalization error between what is shown in the Product tab and what is shown in the Modifiers tab.
HINT: In this case, it always has to do with Variations.
Fix: Match the names. Go back into the Modifiers tab and find that option that is giving an error. Then compare it to what the variation name is in the Product tab
- If the variation name shown in the Product tab matches 100% with what the name is in the Modifiers tab:
- Check what column these variations are in in the Product tab. Is it in the correct column?
6. Required value at row: 3 and column: Product Name:
Meaning: There is a Category name, but no Product Name
Fix: Enter in a Product Name for that row.
HINT: This is essentially the same with other errors containing “Required value at …. And…..”. Just fill in whatever it says is missing/required.
7. No enum constant com.pos.core.enumtype.ProductType.Retail:
Meaning: The word “Retail” was inputted somewhere in the Product Type column. The only 2 things that should be in that column are REGULAR or BUNDLE.
Fix: Remove “Retail”. If you just leave that column blank, it will upload and default to REGULAR, which just means a regular product.
HINT: Whatever word they typed in will always be the last word in the error message. (If I entered in “Dresses” for the Product Type, the error will be: No enum constant com.pos.core.enumtype.ProductType.Dresses
8. Column Phone needs to be a positive numeric value:
Meaning: The phone number in the Supplier tab has dashes in it.
Fix: Remove the “ - “ from the number, so it is ONLY numbers.
9. Category name exist with other Category:
Meaning: That category is already inputted online.
Fix: There is no fix. It is 100% okay for this error to appear. Everything will still upload successfully and correctly.